𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟎 | 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆

Aira

"Every time things get better between us you always end up doing something that drops you deeper in my eyes. You should be ashamed of yourself for hurting an innocent kid," the pain came clear in my voice.

I just wanted him to step up on my hope, just once and prove me wrong when I say he won't change despite the apologies.

"Laura should be ashamed of herself for hurting you! Is she ashamed? No, she isn't."

"She is not hurting me, Lex. For the 100th time please stop this! I've had enough of you. From today onwards, we only have a professional relationship. Stop interfering with my personal matters."

"What?" his heart saddens at hearing my words.

"I'm going to move out of your house too. Soon," I hesitantly add.

"You can't do that, Aira," he stresses with a step towards me.

"Yes, I can. And I will. If you can't respect the boundaries between us then I'm sorry, I don't want to be anywhere near you or around you," I order, finally standing up for myself.

He stands there quiet as I leave his cabin and go back into mine. I can't believe Lex would go so low in his hatred that he would hurt a child. He is so disgusting. I want to separate myself from this man. 

──⇌••⇋──

I've found a house near our office and have hired a driver for myself too. Lex hasn't tried talking to me ever since the argument which is good. Otherwise, I would've blown up on him like a volcano. Living with his company has caused many negative side effects to my personality. We don't interact in the office or at home which I'm grateful for.

I've just started packing my things when Laura calls. She wants to show me the new farmhouse she brought and want's some ideas with the setup. She thinks I've got brilliant aesthetic skills after seeing the site setup. We leave for it from her house. It's two hours away from the city which is concerning.

"Don't worry we can stay the night there," she laughs.

I'm glad whatever Lex has done to Laura hasn't affected our friendship. I was scared it would because the attack on her sister was very personal. We get to her farmhouse in no time and it's huge. A huge mansion near the beach. But there are no houses around this house. It gives a very spooky feeling but it's beautiful. I can see the sunset view from here and it's gorgeous.

This place is so beautiful. Laura walks me around the gigantic house which doesn't stop ending. This would be perfect for big families. Who am I kidding? Laura does have a big family. I mean relative wise. I would never leave this place. It has everything. We have a look around the outside for half an hour and then start on the inside.

"Anyways, Aira, you have a look around. I'll get us some food," Laura stopped behind me.

"That sounds great," I respond with my divided attention on the view from the room we were in.

"Umm, I might be a while. You know this place is rural so don't worry about me," she tells with an awkward smile.

"Oh okay. No problem at all," I hesitantly say as she leaves the house.

I take the next few minutes to explore all the rooms on the top floor before I head back down. Laura must be here with the food by now. As I lay my steps on the stairs, smoke starts to fill my pathway and the sight only seems to get smokier as I head down.

Suddenly, fire starts to race at the edge of the house and spreads quickly. I quickly run to the entrance door which is locked and doesn't seem to open. I look back into the house and the fire is traveling upstairs to the second floor. I grab out my phone and call Laura but she doesn't pick up.