𝑪𝒉. 𝟒𝟑 | 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

Aira

"Aira!" Lex yelled my name in his sleepy voice consistent with the person who rang our room doorbell.

Lex yanked my body close to his with another shout of my name.

"What?" I responded slowly opening my eyes to see him.

"Get the door," he ordered when I pushed myself away and rolled over to my side again.

"I'm tired you get it," I argued feeling the tired pulse in my body.

Neither of us got up and the doorbell continued to ring. What the hell? Lex sat up with his pissed temper which made me rush to get the door instead of him. What's wrong with these room service people? If someone doesn't answer their door it means they're either busy or not in the room. I yawn walking up to the door, opening it. There's a guy with a big smile on his face.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything," he excuses.

"Nothing but my sleep," I whisper under my breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing."

"Aira who is it?" Lex asks pulling his head up from his pillow.

"Just the room service," I look back to respond.

He's telling me about this event that they hold for newlyweds.

"What event?" Lex asks, walking up behind me and snaking his arm around my stomach to pull me onto his chest.

His head lurks above my shoulder, yawning. I feel an instant dance of butterflies in my stomach and my heart starts racing. The way he holds me is so comfortable and warm.

"There's an event specially organised for our honeymoon suite couples. A way the hotel congratulates new couples and wishes them a great journey. The event will take place tonight at 8pm. The brides will be collected by our staff at 5pm for a special dance rehearsal. Their outfits and makeup will all be prepared by the hotel and so will yours sir."

"That sounds fun," I say looking to Lex who is still half asleep. "We'd love to join," I tell the room service.

"Alright ma'am, one of our staff will be here at

5pm to get you beforehand. Sir our staff will direct you and the other grooms to the Creekside at 7:30pm. Thank you," he says.

I close the door and shift my body, which is held by Lex's arm. I knock on his forehead, and he frowns, pulling his head back.

"Your shopping spree from yesterday killed me. I don't think I'll be alive too soon," he says releasing me and getting back to the bed.

Lex threw himself onto the bed and got comfortable again. I'm awake now and I know I won't be able to sleep. On top of that, my stomach grumbled with hunger and I couldn't help but feel restless. Quietly slipping towards the bathroom, I got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast, leaving Lex to continue his blissful slumber.

Not that I was aware of any plans Lex had communicated to me, today might have been a similar day to yesterday with going around the city as an outing for enjoyment. It snowed less today but still enough to make some snowmen. The hotel is pretty busy on the inside and I quarrel with myself on what to do. I walk out into the hotel's garden side where kids are making snowballs and throwing them at each other.

For myself, I find a corner with no disturbance and enough snow to light my mission. Time goes by fast and I made an entire family of a snowman, a snowwoman and their two little kids. I searched for stones to use for their facial features and twigs to serve as arms and legs.