𝑪𝒉. 𝟏𝟏 | 𝑺𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒚

Lex

I am getting back home from my morning jog when I see Aira lurking senselessly on the stairs. I walk up slowly, carefully analysing her eyes that forcefully try to shut close. In no time this trouble trips over at the edge of the stairs.

My arm instantly goes forward to catch her so she doesn't fall flat on her face down the stairs. Her face lightly lays at the edge of my bicep like she's fallen asleep right this instant.

"If you're that sleepy then sleep in your room," I spoke, feeling my heart do summersault inside because she was so close to me.

"Hmm," she responds, lifting her head off me and rubbing her face.

I let her go and walk up to my room. Crazy. Now the crazier thing was when I came out of the shower, I found her lying on my bed, sound asleep. I was only wrapped in my towel which panicked me to dress myself quickly.

"Aira, this isn't your room," I frowned, sitting next to her on the bed.

What is happening with her this morning? She lays there sound asleep. I grab the glass of water from my side table and splash it on her face. Her throat coughs, choking on some of the drops and that causes her to finally wake up.

"Oh my god! That was so cold. Are you crazy?" her voice squeezed roughly through the coughs.

"Why are you sleeping in my room?" I arched my eyebrows, questioning her.

She opens her eyes a bit more and rubs them for a clearer view. The instant shock that came across her face was extremely funny.

"I'm so sorry. I think I accidentally came to your room instead of mine," she says in a sleepy childish way, looking up to me.

I can see her eyes trying to close for some sleep again.

"Accidentally?" I repeat getting a tiny bit close to her for a tease.

"Mhm," she nodded like a senseless human.

My eyes land directly to her lips which are curved into a smile. Her smile is so gorgeous and hypnotising for some reason when it's a calm one.

"Oh, you're smiling," she points at my lips which widens her smile and brings some sense into her.

I look away and scrunch my smile with an eye roll.

"You need some sleep, Aira," I avoided the phrase, grabbing her by the arm and throwing her out of my room.

After I shut the door in her face, I smack my face as well while walking over to my dressing table.

"You're so stupid, Lex," I taunted myself for that little smile stunt I pulled in front of her.

I don't know why or how it happened. My thoughts broke when Liz gave me a loud call from the dining area for breakfast. On my way to the stairs, I heard something drop in Aira's room. My feet fast walked and barged into her room to make sure she was okay.

"I heard something drop," I raised my eyebrows, looking around.

"Nothing dropped," she says doing a 360 with her entire body.

She is not okay today. I don't know why but I find this funny. What must have been so important that she stayed up last night?

"Get ready and eat something. Then go to sleep," I suggest, leaving the room and making my way to the dining hall.

"Good morning, all," I greeted taking my seat.

"Where's Aira?" Nan asked, completely ignoring my greeting.

"I'll get her," Lana offered heading towards the stairs.

I sit quietly at the dining table and start my breakfast. Aira comes down after a while and takes her seat at the dining table looking a bit more alive and less like a zombie.

"So, Liz, do you have any plans today or are we just chilling?" I asked.

"Nan is still a bit jet lagged so maybe we'll go out tomorrow," she responded taking a bite of her toast.

"Aira honey, do you have any plans?" Nan turned her attention to Aira.

"Ah, well. I have to finalise some things for the site and I have another job to do today," she slowly responded.

"I need to talk to you about the site. We'll do that later sometime today," I interjected.

She eats slowly between trying to keep herself awake. Nan and Liz finish their breakfast and head off to their rooms. Now it was just me and her. I placed my spoon down and looked at her beat her sleep through the breakfast she was trying to finish.

"Aira," I called out.

"Yes, Mr. Hudson?" she yawned with the response.

"We'll discuss the site after breakfast. Okay," I confirmed, folding my arms over my chest.

"Yeh, whatever."

I check on my Nan before I head up to Aira's room. She and Liz are peacefully resting. Great. I walk up to Aira's room. She's staring at herself in the mirror and opening both her eyelids. I quietly close the door behind me and lock it.

"What are you doing?" I asked walking towards her.

She turns to me with her fingers still expanding and forcefully holding her eyelids open. I'm probably going to have nightmares after seeing that.

"Why are you here?" an unpleasant expression came across her face at my sight.

"The site," I reminded.

She turns her laptop on and displays the 3D style of our modelling site. I take a seat on her study table chair and she grabs the chair that was in front of her mirror. I zoom in on the ground floor and start explaining what things need to be added and how that place should function. I'm halfway through the explanation for the second floor when I feel her head hit my shoulder.

I look to my shoulder and see her sleeping. Should I wake her up? No, she looks exhausted. If I move, she'll wake up. She adjusts her head on my shoulder when I attempt to move a bit. I let it be for a while and studied the site, thinking of some ideas in the meantime. Three hours go by fast and I don't even realise it. But my shoulder feels numb.

I slowly place her head in my palm and turn my chair. Her head falls into my chest as I figure out how to pick her up. I slowly get up, not realising that her face would glide down my torso. Shit... I managed to pick her up in bridal style and slowly placed her on her bed. My heart races when my eyes decide to stare at her beauty.

But I grab a hold of my emotions as I remember all those times, she brought up my parents, and suddenly I don't want to be around her anymore. I hadn't seen her in the office for a while and neither at home since she would have her dinner in her room.

The emptiness was very evident and annoying in my days and I couldn't find a reason to get mad at her either since she was away from me. I couldn't get rid of the guilt either. Giving a cover over her body, I left the room and headed downstairs to check on Nan who was sitting in the living area watching a show.

"Lex, come here," she calls upon seeing me.

I go and sit down next to her. She places her hand above my head and I take it to her lap like a child. My comfort zone. She pats it lightly, asking me about everything. How I've been. How the business is doing lastly, about Aira too.

Don't forget to Vote 🥀