𝑪𝒉. 𝟏𝟎 | 𝑳𝒆𝒙'𝒔 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

Aira

I'm at the site today working on the setup. First, a list was prepared by the team Lex has assigned to assist me. We divide into three groups for three floors and each has an outline for what needs to be done, what is supposed to be ordered and what can we currently work on.

I, however, have to supervise all the floors throughout the process and ensure everything goes as planned and is perfect for me to prove to Lex that I can do something. Most of the material was going to come today which gave me time to plan job ads for the cafeteria that will be on the company's socials.

It's only 4 p.m. by the time everything is done. There wasn't much for me to do as overtime so I sent everyone home and headed home myself. My mood and stomach were twisted with hunger and exhaustion. I just couldn't wait to see what delicious food Lana had cooked for me today.

When I get back home, Chris comes to my sight taking in a few suitcases. Two women, a girl just a bit older than me and an elder lady come to my sight when I follow Chris in. They're already welcoming me with the warmest smiles on their faces. Lex didn't tell me we were going to have some clients. Or a meeting.

"Hello," I nervously say, getting to them.

"Hello," the elder lady responds in a sweet, buttery tone.

"I'm so sorry, Lex didn't tell me we were having clients over otherwise I would've come home early," I excuse from both of us.

"We're not clients," the girl spoke up. "I'm Liz, Lex's sister. And this is our Nan," she introduced.

It's hard to believe people who smile like them are related to Lex. Lex cannot form a smile to even save his life.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Nice to meet you both," I corrected myself and went in for a small awkward hug with the both.

God I am so stupid. I should've asked who they were first.

"Who are you?" Nan asked.

"Oh, I'm his business partner. Aira. My uncle couldn't make it so he sent me," I nervously say, fiddling with my hands.

"He never told us about you," they say, looking at each other with a teasing smile.

"Why would he?" I complain under my breath.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Liz confirmed for my phrase.

"Do you guys need help setting up your rooms?" I offered instead considering the jetlag they might have.

"No, what are you saying honey? You must be really tired," Nan worried taking one of my hands in hers.

"What nonsense." I put my purse down on the table. "I'd love to help you. Lana which room is..." I stop as I look back at the old lady. "What should I call you?"

"You can call me Nan." I felt the smile starting to disappear from my face.

I never really got to meet my real Nan but my auntie, my mother's sister, talked about her a lot.

"Show me Nan's room," I instructed Lana who led me to a room on the ground floor, just behind the stairs.

It was a bit smaller than mine and Lex's. I start off with the cleaning and mopping of the room as I make Nan sit down. Then I unpack her suitcase and store all her clothes and bathroom things with the help of Liz and Lana.

"So how long are you staying for?" I inquired since Mr. Arrogant didn't bother coming early from work to help his family adjust.

"Two weeks from today," Liz informed.