𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟓 | 𝑨𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑

Aira

My eyes struggle to open as my body fights the massive heat that travels through each and every muscle of mine like pain. I'm moving around on my bed when my eyes reach the clock. It's 11 am! I'm late for work. Just as I get up, my eyes catch a note beside my phone on the side table.

'You have fever. Stay home and rest'

A chuckle escaped my mouth reading it. Him and his so-called care. I scrunch it up and throw it away. Lana is cleaning the living room when she sees me head downstairs.

"Aira, Sir said to stay home," she panicked like he was going to kill her if I left for work.

"Tell him to go to hell," I shot, exiting the house.

"At least have some breakfast," she calls from behind, but I ignore.

I don't feel my mood being any good today. I get to my cabin and start with my work. We also have the conference in Melbourne tomorrow that we have to leave for tonight. It hasn't even been thirty minutes since I've been in my cabin and Lex calls me into his. I don't proceed to listen to him as I've got a burning body and a really bad headache. My phone chimes with a text message.

'If you don't come right now, I'll pick you up and take you into my office'

I might actually proceed with murder today but I know this guy is really shameless. He won't think twice and would actually do it. I get up and walk into his cabin.

"Sit down we have to discuss some details for the upcoming conference," he spoke.

I take a seat on the couch waiting for him to finish off whatever he was typing. Then he got up to walk around to his bookshelf. My numbness forced me to lay my head back on the couch.

"I told you to stay home. Lana said you didn't eat anything as well. How are you going to take your medication?" I hear Lex scold before my eyes closed in for deep sleep.

When they open again, I uncomfortably feel my neck against something. I see Lex sitting on the floor with his laptop on his lap. His legs are laid straight, and his shirt is rolled up on his arms, sticking to his muscular body. His hair is all messy as they fall down his forehead, leading to his unbuttoned side of the shirt, revealing his chest.

I take a look at myself. His coat lays over my upper body whilst I lay straight on his couch. My shoes are off my feet. How long have I been sleeping for? I slowly sit up as I still feel a pinch of fever in my body.

"You're up?" he smiles softly, looking at me.

I don't give any response. He gets up from the floor and puts his laptop on his desk. It's been three hours since I've been sleeping here. I tie my hair and start putting my shoes on as I see Lex grab the tray of food from the manager.

"You haven't eaten since morning," he tells putting the tray on the table before sitting down next to me.

"Come on. You also have to take medicine," he reminds, pressing his hand on my face.

"You don't own me. I can do whatever I want," I say flinging his hand off my face.

"Aira, anger is at its own place. Eat something!" he frustratedly scolds.

"No, I won't," I reject getting up.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back down to the couch.

"Stop being so stubborn and eat!" he commands.

"Or what? I will not listen to you!" I fight back with broad shoulders, determined to leave this cabin.

"Fine then," Lex angrily glares.

He gets up and heads to his office table. I take this chance to get up and had towards his cabin door. I am about to open the handle to leave but he throws me against the wall. He grabs both my hands and takes them to my back.

"Lex leave me right now!" I plead against his ear.

He ties them together with his tie tightly as his head lurks down from my shoulder. God! He takes me back to the couch and sits me down.

"Shut up and eat," he commands again.

He scoops some food and brings it to my mouth but I turn my head the other way. He pulls the tie out of my hair and it falls down my back. I turn back to his face and give him the death stare. He is so annoying. I'll murder him for sure when my hands are untied.

"Open your mouth," he coldly instructs, leaning towards me.

"No," I whisper stubbornly, glaring into his eyes.

"I said open it, Aira!"

I can see anger rising in him again. Before he does anything worse, I open my mouth and take the food in. He doesn't stop till the food on the plate is finished. Then he goes and grabs some medicine for me.

"We're going home right now. Our flight is in three hours. Do your packing on time and take some rest," he says putting the tablet in my mouth and giving me some water.

At this point I should call my uncle and tell him I don't want to be here anymore. He unties my hands and I instantly get up.

"You're going with me. So don't try get out of this office. This is my first and only time telling you to stay."

I ignore him and proceed to walk back to the door. He throws my arm over his shoulder and picks me up again. I wish I had listened. He will not put me down.

"Lex, put me down!" I frown with anger.

He doesn't listen to me and takes me out to the elevator. All our employees witness this. When is this nightmare going to end? I want to get out of this place. I want to get away from this dirty man. I'm consistently hitting on his back so he would put me down but he stiffly carries me to his car. I use my arms to push him away as he puts me down in his passenger seat as I cuss at him.

"Stop acting like a child and sit," he orders.

I take one more attempt to get out but he traps me between his arms as his lips reach for mine. I lay my head back on the seat resisting it. He smirks a little as he puts my seatbelt on me and leans off me.

God, I hate this guy. I cannot explain how bad he has it. It's a very harsh feeling. I've never felt this much hatred for anyone in my life.

Don't forget to Vote 💛