𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟓 | 𝑬𝒏𝒈𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅

Aira

I woke up with an extreme headache that tormented my brain and I was still in my dress from last night. I hadn't changed out, but I looked like a complete mess with my messy hair and lips that looks like they had been swollen by my lip gloss. Katie exits the bathroom and instantly rushes to sit next to me.

"My God, Aira! Why did you drink so much?" she scolded, fixing my hair for me.

"I didn't. Jay was the one who mixed alcohol in the drinks and I didn't even know. But why are you saying it like that? Did something happen" I told hissing in my hangover headache.

"You were with the Volcano guy the whole time," she hesitantly told, scaring me.

That was really scary. I was with Lex and did she say the whole time. My brain forced itself to recall last night but I couldn't. I grab my phone and there are two messages left from Lex. I am so scared to open them. What if I broke his leg this time? Or his arm?

'Meet me at this location.'

Then the next message is a location of the café. It's close by to my house. My heart burns and screams in annoyance. I really hope I didn't do anything stupid.

"What about the guy?" I enquired.

"Oh, he didn't turn up. He had to take an emergency case last night but he said he'd be home today," she informed.

What a mess. I should probably get ready to go see Lex first and then come back home on time in case he decides to turn up during noon. I didn't want to see either of them but knowing from my last drunk experience with Lex, I sure must have done something stupid. But I cannot blame myself for that considering his stubborn behaviour with pissing me off.

This isn't what I should be worried about with Lex. What I should be worried about is that he knows about the proposal and was really heated about it. God knows which voodoo doll had been used on me last night that made me lurk around Lex when I was drunk. Lex looked like he was impatiently waiting for me at the table.

Upon my arrival his body stood up like lightening had stroke his body. With a small smile, he pulls my chair out for me like a gentleman.

"Good morning," he greeted with a ghosting smile.

"If I have broken any part of your body I am very sorry for that," I apologise in advance, taking my seat.

"No, no. You didn't," he laughs. "Why are you so nervous. Ease yourself."

My lips pouted and my eyes winced looking at him suspiciously. I'm sure I've done something, and he'll taunt me for life. Jay I'm going to kill you.

"So why did you call me here then?" I ask.

"Well, New Year's is over. We need to get back to Australia."

Right... that means I mustn't have said anything about that guy. Phew!

"I'll let you know," I muttered.

We have our breakfast here and Lex even kindly offers to drop me back home. I'm glad he's not shouting at me or erupting his volcanic larva at the beginning of the year.

"Thanks for the ride," I appreciate as I get out of the car.

Shutting the door behind me, I walked in to find everyone sitting the living with... Damien.

"Aira," his lips curved into a gracious smile seeing me.

"What a surprise," I gasp walking up to them.

Damien was my colleague back in university and also my only guy friend before Noah. You can say he resembles a bit with Noah. Damien was also the guy I was interested in for about a year before I lost feelings. He was a very attractive man but I was never really interested in dating and relationships. Having my entire focus on my masters was enough for me to dissocialise from all my friends.