𝑪𝒉. 𝟐 | 𝑳𝒆𝒙 𝑯𝒖𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒏

Aira

I was currently in my hotel room in Dubai. I had bought a new phone and had managed to get away from the psychotic son of a bitch. My next flight was in 6 hours and I was supposed to give updates to my uncle whenever I could. This was a big responsibility he had entrusted me with.

I had just finished my Masters in Business, initially hoping to get a job in my uncle's company in the US but he had other plans. I'm not ungrateful for this opportunity but rather nervous. Lex Hudson is a well-established and experienced businessman whereas I am totally new to this.

Uncle did say he'd teach me the ways so I would be fine which is the reason I am not too worried. He seemed like a nice, warm person. Now for a comfortable sleep, I take a warm shower first and dive into deep slumber.

The room service constantly ringing my doorbell woke me up. God, what's the fucking issue? My body still felt so tired after the very uncomfortable ride on the wet plane seat and now these people won't let me have this bed. I get out of bed and walk out to open the door.

"Ma'am, your booking time finished three hours ago," he informs with a smile.

"What do you mean? What time is it?" I yawned.

"It's 10 p.m," he looks at his watch to tell me.

10 PM! I MISSED MY FLIGHT! Shit.

"Can you please give me a second?" I excused myself.

I walk over to my phone and check for the next flight available. Which was in 5 hours. I walk back outside to the room service person.

"Is it okay if I have an extra hour? I'll be out after," my lips stretched in embarrassment.

"That's fine ma'am," he returned the gesture with a 'don't worry, you're fine' smile.

I close the door and walk back to my phone, messaging my uncle. This is so annoying. How did I sleep for nine hours straight? I hope Mr. Hudson doesn't get furious. I book a seat for the next flight and change into something more decent and formal.

After finishing my makeup and heading to sign out, I catch a cab to the airport and successfully board my flight to Australia. By the time I reached there, it was noon. Just as I am about to call my uncle for further instructions because I don't have Mr. Hudson's number, I get a call from an unknown number.

"Hello," I greet, picking up the call.

"Aira Perrier right?" the deep voice speaks to confirm he's talking to the right person.

"Yeah? Who is this?" I asked.

"Lex Hudson," his tone coldly suggested me not to step over professional boundaries.

"My driver is there to receive you. He's wearing black formal clothes," he instantly let me know before I could ask anything after he told me his name.

"Oh-" I start to speak before getting cut off.

He just hung up on me. What the actual fuck? I look around to find a guy in black formal clothes. I spot one at the edge standing near a black car. He looked quite old. I walk over with my luggage.

"Did Mr. Hudson send you?" I sighed at his name.

"Yes. Ms Aira?" he confirms to which I nodded yead.

"Welcome Madam," he says opening the door for me.

"You don't have to call me madam. You're older than me, it's just not respectful," I say. "And you don't have to open the door for me either," I added with a small smile.