𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟔 | 𝑱𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔

Lex

Mistake. That's how she defined the kiss she devoured into my body that night. A mistake. It felt as if my heart crushed into a million pieces and so did my temper. Her eyes wandered away from me with this lie. They wandered to avoid what was coming next. 

"Don't do this, Aira," my voice frowned lightly in a warning. 

"I mean it. It was a mistake-" she continued to burst and break everything that was left in my soul. 

To ease that and stop her, my hands grabbed her face tightly and I kissed her violently. It wasn't soft, devouring or delicate, rather it was passionate, hurtful and possessive. Her hands argued against my chest, trying to push me away but my body refused to stop kissing her.

I wanted to get enough of her but couldn't. The thought that kissing her until her lips went pale and there was nothing more kissable about her would wash the desire I had for her in me but it didn't. With every tongue thrust I took into her mouth, she suffocated and brought more taste.

A taste that tasted like it was mine. Just mine.  It's like this was a place my lips wanted to be all the time. I wanted to kiss her shut for all the anger she has built up in me. I didn't give a fuck where we were. I just wanted to kiss her. I needed to kiss her.

"You're hurting me, Lex," she managed to push me away.

"Don't do this, Aira," was all I said watching her pale face and distraught lips shiver under the arrival of tears. 

Nothing happens in the next few moments. We both catch our breaths and stare at each other. She was trying to read my thoughts whilst I was trying to form them. I've never wanted anyone to deeply invest near my thoughts but right now I only wished for her to do so. I wished for her to see the thoughts my brain couldn't process against my ego and temper. 

I couldn't bear that she was going to be someone else's. I wasn't going to let that happen. She turned her body and walked out the room. Seconds later, I followed behind. Slowly. It felt like if I was close to her again I'd lose it. 

"There you are," Katie finds and drags Aira out the shop. 

"Damien," Aira's voice softly ached seeing the guy. 

He looked at her with a big smile and walked over to grind his hand on her waist like she was his. 

"This is my fiancé," Aira told to the puzzled Liz. 

My blood boiled more than it already did. I couldn't stop but think of ways to burn that hand on her waist. Instead, I roughly pull Aira out of his arm towards myself. 

"You aren't married yet," I glared, which caused a little disturbance amongst Katie and Liz.  "Lex," Liz pulls me by the arm. 

Aira snatched her hand out of mine suggesting we get ice cream. Damien goes ahead to speak, but she refuses to let him to. My eyes did not leave them for a moment, and I carefully watched Damien's hands around Aira. Whenever he tried to hold her hand, Aira had refused herself and gave me a glance. She knew the consequences of letting another man touch her. Good.

Aira

Damien's temper slid bit by bit on the way home as Katie spilled everything about Lex. He didn't like how he claimed ownership on me. Damien is my fiancé, we were getting married and for that I manage to get everything under control but Katie does not let go of the topic. I, myself had no idea what was going on in Lex's head. Was it jealousy? Was he jealous? Why was he jealous? Why was he taking that kiss so seriously?