𝑪𝒉. 𝟒𝟎 | 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅

Lex

As much as it seemed like this is a PR stunt to save reputations, it wasn't. I awaited at the alter that she was supposed to walk down today. I finally reached to the alter that belonged to me and her. Everyone was excited, everyone but her. The look on her face was pale and terrifying when she walked down in that beautiful grey gown. She had always pulled off all her looks but the wedding one lacked.

The paleness of her face set her entire mood off and so did the incident with Damien. I had the authorities arrest him. My body furred when he laid his hands on her. It made sense to break the wedding arrangement but not to go assault her right before it. My mind refused to think of Damien for now and the consequences he was going to face. I can't imagine how scared Aira must be right now.

With each step she took closer, my heart raced. She probably did not imagine her wedding event to pull off like this. She probably had big dreams for it. It was a surprise Mr Alzert considered me as an immediate groom replacement for her. I couldn't care less that I wasn't first. It only mattered that I was her groom. It was more expected that he called off the wedding because of how traumatised she was.

Her heart was about to jump out of her body and God her screams were painful. I remember every organ in my body shook by the sound of her horrifying screams as I threw my body against the door with my entire force. Nothing in that moment could have stopped me because Aira was in that room with that monster.

I offer my hand at the last step of the stairs Aira has to walk up to and bring her to stand directly in front of me. A curvy smile pinched into my face when I lifted her veil. Her gaze flung to me, deeply studying the smile she rarely showed. A beautiful shade of red filled her cheeks as a result. It felt unreal, like a fairy tale. Marriage was never on my list but now I was standing at an alter with her, getting married. Her. Aira. I love her. 

"I'm here, okay," I whispered in response to her hand that fidgeted in mine. 

She nodded yes, taking a deep breath. The ceremony started with the pastor reciting the vows we are supposed to take. 

"I, Lex Hudson, take you, Aira Perrier, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow," her eyes locked in with mine with every work that came out of my mouth as a promise.

It was a promise. The chaos in her mind eased and the natural colour of her face came. I waited for her to take her vows now. 

"I, Aira Perrier, take you, Lex Hudson to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow," her beautiful lips looked gorgeous saying these vows for me. 

Her eyes started sparkling when my lips curved into another smile for her. One final step and then she'd be mine. All mine. 

"Lex Hudson, do you take Aira Perrier to be your wife?" 

"Yes, Yes I do," I accepted twice and would be ready to do it a million more time to reassure her.

"Aira Perrier, do you take Lex Hudson as your lawfully wedded husband?"

She paused, then looked out to everyone. My heart ached when her eyes moved away from me. Her silence tightened my chest even more. Come on, Aira. Say it.

"I do," she finally accepted. 

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."