𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟗 | 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅

Lex

I know Laura set that spark in the power room to hurt Aira. I don't think she'll stop until she clearly understands that if she doesn't, it'll affect her and her loved ones. I'm driving to her house right now.

Coincidently, her younger sister is riding her bike around the road. I escalate my foot on the race of my car and gently give a bump to her cycle. She dramatically falls off her back and I watch from my car's side mirror.

She's on the floor holding her arm which is bleeding as well as her leg. God she's crying so much. And all this is giving me peace. Even though I'm not even with Laura yet, she tried hurting Aira with that spark on purpose, I accidentally hurt her sister.

"Nora!" I look to my side mirror and see Laura coming out of her gates with a few of her bodyguard.

I drive off instantly as the bodyguard ran after my car and Laura curses at me. Maybe I should let know who actually did this. I take my car to the corner of her street and out onto the main road. Then back into the starting of her street. I park a distance away from her house and get out of my car to make my way to her.

"Do you have an appointment?" her watchman stops me at the entrance.

"I don't need one."

I walk directly into her house and she's in the lounge room. I stand at the door of the lounge as I see her panicking and cleaning her sister's wounds.

"How can all of you be so careless!" she shouts at her bodyguards.

Her men leave the room after she's done scolding them. She sits down with her sister who's still crying.

"It's okay Nora. They will heal and you will get to ride your bike again soon," Laura comforts.

"Aww," I sarcastically show empathy.

She finally notices me and is left in shock.

"I'll be back. You rest here. Okay, Nora," she says putting something on the TV for her sister.

Such genuine care for a loved one. I walk into entrance hall as she follows behind.

"You did this all, right?" her eyes start to tear up again.

I look at her in silence. Why ask if you know the answer?

"Lex she is a child! How can you think of hurting someone innocent," Laura painfully cries.

"And how dare you try hurting Aira with the spark Laura!" I shot. "What has Aira ever done to you? Nothing!"

Laura stands there shocked.

"You're telling me that you would hurt a child just because of Aira? She has deep injuries Lex!" Laura justified her plotting against Aira.

I take a step closer to her.

"Now do you understand how much it hurts. You tried hurting Aira. I will always be there to protect her."

Laura's focus on Nora was very solid, all I said about Aira surpassed her head. Noticing that, I make my way away and out of her house. Now if that gunshot and attack on Nora wasn't enough for her, I won't prevent myself from killing her next time.

──⇌••⇋──

I see Aira standing by the pool from my room's window and she looks like she's on her phone. The grin on her face says that she's texting someone. Well, time to see who it is. I walk down to the pool, sneaking up behind her. She was texting Noah. I instantly push her into the pool, watching the phone fly out of her hand. Aira screams, splashing into the pool as I catch her phone.