𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟔 | 𝑪𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒎!

Lex

I'm taking my suitcase downstairs when I see Noah waiting in the living room.

"I need to talk to Aira. It's urgent," he stressfully exclaims.

"She's upstairs," I slowly spoke, wondering what could be so serious.

What could be this urgent? I place my suitcase in the car before heading back up to Aira's room. Through the creek of the door, I listened to them speak. Noah was talking.

"Laura is not your friend. Lex was right," Noah's tone was stressful.

"Okay, Noah you need to stop with this bullshit," Aira rejects to believe with a chuckle.

"Believe me. I heard her talking to that guy. She-" he continues to argue.

"Noah, I said stop. Laura is my friend."

"She's not your friend. Believe me."

"Did Lex send you here?" she doubted.

Of course, her first instinct about anything related, anything negative related to Laura would be from me. Well now there are two telling her and she still refuses to believe.

"No Aira I'm telling the truth. Can you just listen to me?" Noah stressed so hard it was clear in his voice.

"Get out, Noah."

I hear them arguing and lean in closer to listen but the door flings open with Noah's body being pushed out of her room. He notices me instantly and I stand there looking back at him with my hands in my pocket. Not a single word is uttered to me. He heads downstairs and I follow behind.

"What do you know?" I hesitantly asked, knowing that the possibilities of him telling me were minimum.

"She's not safe around Laura," he turned to look back at me.

"I asked, What. Do. You. Know?" the question didn't sound nicer when repeated.

"I heard Laura talk to that guy. She set it all up. If you didn't get there Aira would've been kidnapped."

"And you're saying your security is weak?" my eyebrows raised in question.

"I overheard Laura sending Aira past my security before he could get her missing. God knows what he would've done with her."

Noah seems really frustrated. I just look at him trying to figure out what's going on in him. This worry didn't seem like it was limited to just friendship. He was eager for her to believe him in just any way. Should we call this... attraction? After all he has been sticking to her like super glue for the past few days. I can't even blame him for that. Aira is stunningly gorgeous.

"Why aren't you saying anything?"

"Well, you see Noah," I start as I take a step forward to him. "There's no way I'm letting anyone hurt or lay their finger on Aira. And if anything like that happens to her, there for sure will be no way I'll be sparing that person."

Noah silently looks at me and my madness for her. It was real and I wasn't going to budge.

"Even if it's Laura," I added.

──⇌••⇋──

The conference starts in about an hour. I've had my breakfast and I'm up in my room getting ready. However, I haven't seen Aira. Her room is on the floor below mine. I grab my suitcase and head down to her room. We're heading straight to the Airport after the conference end. The knocks to Aira's door were returned with no response.