𝑪𝒉. 𝟗 | 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒅

Lex

Once I took her plate back to the kitchen, I made sure to double-check check the windows in her room were closed. Then removed the wet bedsheets so the mattress could somewhat dry off, but I guess she'd need a new one. That will all be taken care of tomorrow.

The light to her bathroom was still on and as I opened the door to flick it off, warm and humid steam burned my face. I step back a little and wait for the steam to exit the bathroom. Looks like someone had a warm shower. My eyes caught the handle of the water temperature on the maximum range of hot temperature. It quickly clicked in my head, recalling back to her slightly red face, hands, and feet.

My eyes widened thinking about how her skin must have hurt. I flicked the light off and headed downstairs to the couch thinking I could avoid any further thoughts but so many came in. She cried yesterday. She cried and hurt her body like that today. For some reason, it bugged me. I turned side to side but couldn't sleep and wanted answers. To rest assured of the restlessness in my body, I finally decided to get up and march back to my room.

"Aira, are you crazy," my voice cuts halfway when I open the door to find her sleeping face and tightened body position.

I walk up to her and get a better view. My pillow is soaked in her tears. I grab one of her arms and roll up her sleeves. Her skin is still so red but her body is cold. Was it all because of me? Is it me? The guilt only grew from yesterday's incident, and I carefully placed her arm down to get a bowl of ice from the kitchen.

Starting from her face, I softly iced it, gently so she wouldn't wake up, and then made my way down to her arms. Her skin felt like a newborn baby's skin. Soft, new, perfect. By the time I was done, it was past midnight. I only had a few hours to get my sleep before tomorrow so I did.

The next thing I knew was that those hours passed by fast and Lana shook me awake at seven am. I normally get up at 6:30 am so I could go for an early morning run but I missed it today. I rubbed my face with my hands roughly so I could wake up properly and come to my senses.

Lana went ahead and walked into the kitchen for breakfast preparation whilst I grabbed my pillow and blanket and headed back up to my room. I turn the knob slowly as I enter, walking straight up to her.

Aira is still sleeping. My hand goes towards her to wake her up but then I resist. I battle in my head if I should wake her up or not. Instead, I grab my clothes and quickly hop in the bathroom to freshen myself and take a shower. I walk out and find Aira, switching sides. Her eyes slowly open as her hands snake around her stomach to secure it.

The stains of blood that are spread on my sheet come into my sight, widening my eyes and giving me a slight panic as to how she'd react. It's only another few seconds before she wakes up and sits up to stare at me. How do I not make this awkward? She will panic when she sees the blood on my sheets and will feel embarrassed.

"Don't panic, but you got your period," I told in the nicest way possible.

The shock comes clear on her face with a fluster of red filling her cheeks when she looks down between her legs to confirm what I had just told her.

"I – I am so sorry," she instantly started to apologize, gathering my quilt around her to prevent me from seeing her stained pants.

"You're fine. Do you need anything? Should I go get Lana?" I offered placing my towel down and going towards her to help her out.

"No. I –" she refused, instantly sliding off my bed and walking out my door for her room.

I walk over to her room and knock. I know she can hear me, but she just won't talk back.