𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟖 | 𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

Aira

After that horrendous panic attack, I was in front of the window in my room feeling the breeze rush through my insides with calmness. My eyes closed in thought of Lex now. Why does Lex keep choosing violence? I hate it. I hate it so much.

I'd literally be the reason he'll end up hurting someone really bad. I somehow need him to stop. He can't keep it going with these habits and neither can I. My door opens and Lex barges in with his messy figure. Ruined hair and a shirt untucked, rolled up sleeves.

"Now do you believe me?" he pants with so much hope in his eyes.

I stand there for few moments in confusion.

"They're not your friends," he elaborates.

Okay now I get it. It's about Laura again.

"You're an idiot," were the words I gave him.

"What?" he questions confused.

"Why did you get so violent? You think I like bloodshed and you nearly killing the other person every time something happens?" I scold.

His steps were slow up to me but his gaze said that he was in disbelief of my words.

"He was taking advantage of you when you were at a vulnerable state. HE TRIED TO KISS YOU!" Lex yelled.

"You kissed me too!" I yell back, hitching on my breath as I say that.

The silence between us was loud after that statement. I push him away from myself, making way for myself to leave my room. Whatever Kyle did was wrong but that doesn't mean what Lex did was right either. Right now I needed to get a lot of burdens off my chest. The only trouble was that I didn't know who to talk to. I walk into the kitchen for some water. Lana is cooking dinner for us.

"Aira, are you okay?" she asks.

"I'm fine," my dull voice gives it to her.

I continue to get some water but she still seems puzzled about me. She probably heard all that yelling.

"Aira, I've been working in the Hudson family for a long time. Sir might seem a bit harsh on you. But he really cares for you."

I don't need another discussion about Lex at this moment. Or at any moment. His name, his existence, everything about him is pissing me off to a point where I wish I never knew he existed.

I'm going to see Laura about the Kyle situation though. First Connor laid his hand on me at the party and now her other friend Kyle tried to kiss me. For a second I let Lex's words get to my mind but then I quickly clicked out of it. Laura is not like that.

──⇌••⇋──

Laura's visiting me at the site today. I was finishing some paper work and attending a few meetings for the day. Lex seemed really off and quiet today. It bothered me but he has to understand that what he's doing and the way he's acting is not okay. Even if I have to get him to understand this the hard way I will do it.

Laura's already at the site and I'll be there in a few minutes too. I don't know how she'll react when I tell her about Kyle. He's been her friend for way longer than I have and I don't need to be any friendship breaker. I get to the site and see her walking out of the power room.

"Laura? What were you doing in the power room?" I looked around behind her.

"Oh, I was just looking around," she nervously excused, making me a bit suspicious. "You needed to tell me something?"