𝑪𝒉. 𝟖 | 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

Lex

I'm getting the papers signed when other clients come in to see the site. My attention does not linger anywhere until I hear my name.

"Lex, is that you," a voice says grabbing my attention.

I look up and it's them. The same people that grew up in the same neighbourhood as me and picked on me for not having parents. The scars they left on my heart on Mother's and Father's Day grew fresh and I remembered the torment.

"Damn, look at you," Laura says checking me out.

She was the only girl I had ever liked but I eventually outgrew them as I saw the real her. She comes forward and runs her point finger from my forehead to my jawline and then my chin.

"I would so date you now," she flirtatiously grew closer to me.

I grab her hand and throw it back to her. Ignoring them, I look back at the papers I need to sign.

"Ey, look at that girl," I hear a whisper amongst the guys.

"She looks fine and hot as hell. Look at those curves."

I turn to see who they're talking about and it's Aira. My eyes glance back at the guys that are drooling like street dogs over her, ready to attack her all at once.

"I'd totally bang her right here, right now," another says, breaking my temper meter.

I grab the papers and head upstairs to Aira and they watch me. I tell her to sign the papers so we can leave but she starts blabbing like usual about how we could set this site up.

"Aira, shut the fuck up," I scolded with anger, making her look at me with amusement.

"What?" she asks narrowing her eyebrows, surprised at my sudden change of tone.

"You talk alot and I don't like it. I don't think anyone likes it when you talk. And what do you think of yourself?" I start scolding.

Her entire expression changes. Her face starts to turn pale like she could throw up from how sick of a personality I carried.

"Do you think you're a mastermind with all the ideas and I don't have any? You better not utter another word in front of me," I threatened to get a bit closer.

Aira stole her gaze away from me, trying to hold back tears and hurt.

"Get it!" I yell quietly, but it still gives her a fright jump.

She runs down the stairs and out of the site and I watch her from the stairs. The boys turn their sight to her and watch her closely with the dirtiest faces ever. I slowly walk down and hand the instructors the papers.

"So, when are you free Lex?" Laura winks.

"Never," I respond, disgusted.

She grabs a hold of my hand as she gets closer to me.

"Come on Lex. I know you want this."

"No, I don't," I tackle my hand away from her again.

I walk up to the guys and stare at them for a while with a tilted head, recalling their shameless words about Aira. My huge fist and edgy knuckles meet his jaw with immense force, making his body fall to the floor.

"Keep her name out of that dirty mouth of yours or I'll leave it useless for the rest of your life," I threatened, watching the corner of his lips start to bleed.

Another comes for me, but Laura holds him back, taking one good look at who I am now. Not that weak kid. Not that kid without parents. Not a kid.

"Know your place, I'm not the old Lex anymore."