𝑪𝒉. 𝟓 | 𝑹𝒐𝒂𝒅𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆

Lex

The interviews scheduled for today have been finished from my side with the final potential staff for the company to officially start working tomorrow. Most of the office is already empty. I make my way down to the parking lot by the elevators. As I'm walking over to my car, I see Aira lurking around the mirrors. I nearly forgot she even existed. I walk around to the driver's side, avoiding any nonsense at this moment.

"Hey, Mr. Hudson. Where's Chris?" she asks putting her lip gloss on, chapping her lips together.

"This is my car. Chris isn't the driver. He's a bodyguard," I inform her, trying not to feel hard by staring at those lips that have been cursing me since she met me.

"But-" Like usual, she goes on to interject all my points.

"But nothing. This is my car and I do not let anyone drive it. So don't you dare let anyone else drive you in this car," I scolded.

I hear her murmur under her breath as I take my seat. She sits in the passenger seat next to me. I really hope she doesn't talk, my brain is fried right now. I start the car and just as we're out of the parking lot her mouth starts running.

"You need to be a bit nicer. Like there's no harm in being nice you know. It doesn't cost money either. If you're nice people will like you. And according to whatever I've seen so far about you, you're arrogant, rude, and stubborn," she blabs with a list on the tip of her fingertips.

I give her an eye roll. No one has ever been so open about me to me, EVER! And here she is, comfortably sitting in my car, having me drive her home and talking about me like this.

"No one must like you," she slowly says with a smile she wants to hide so I don't get mad.

"Get out," I say, forcing the brakes of the car.

"What?" her smile disappears right off her face.

"I won't repeat myself. Get out of my car!" my voice coldly commands.

She grabs her purse and gets out. With a blank confused expression, she watches me drive off. Why does she have to talk so much? No one is interested in her nonsense. I park my car in front of my house and get out. Lana is around the kitchen as I walk into the house.

"Greetings, Sir. Didn't Aira come with you?" she asks looking at the entrance thinking she'd just walk in.

"I left her on the road," I proudly told her, making Lana gasp with disbelief.

I couldn't be bothered with this drama. I walk up to my room with my bag. There are still many jobs that need to be done. I change into shirt and sweatpants for dinner. God I was starving. Lana has already set the food up and I quietly start eating.

I'm in the middle of my meal when I hear singing and humming. I look at the entrance and there's Aira. She has both her heels in her hands as she walks into the house. I roll my eyes and get back to my food.

"Haha. What did you think? I wouldn't be able to find my way back," she laughs shoving her face close to mine.

I smash my fork onto the table and look at her face. It's plastered with a cheerful smile. She's so full of energy, all the time. The gloss perfectly sits on her plumped lips. They're neither too big nor too small. Just the perfect size for everything...

"Don't worry, tomorrow I'll make sure you won't find your way back home," I murmured under my breath, looking away from her face.

"What did you say?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Let me eat in peace." She takes a glance at my food and laughs loudly.

In an evil way. Like that Maleficent actress did. I watch this trouble walk up to her room and take a sigh of relief. I still can't process the fact that she's Mr. Alzert's niece. He's such a great businessman, with no humour.

──⇌••⇋──

"Sir, the site is still under construction, but the building outline is visible and construction work has begun. I have arranged an appointment for you to view it today," my manager informed me on the phone about our modelling site preparation.

"Alright, I'll have a look," I say closing some files on my computer.

"But we also have a meeting in an hour," he informs.

There was still a lot of work to be done. The meeting with the staff is also important and so is the reviewing of the site. I'll just send Aira to review the site and see if it fits our demands. I walk out of my cabin and into hers.

"Aira, you need to go-" I start to get to the point as I walk in.

Her hands press against my coat holding a plate. Her facial expressions change every second, processing what she's done. I slowly lean forward onto her, one hand on her nice, curved waist so she doesn't fall. She slowly flips the plate off my coat which is now covered in pastry cream.

"I'm so sorry," she gasped, her breaths coming in rapid succession as if she was about to hyperventilate.

She grabs a tissue to wipe off the pastry on my coat but I grab onto her hand. I always get caught in some mess whenever I'm around this girl. It's so annoying. She looks at me and a smile starts to appear on her face. I carefully wait to see what was to come next on this crazy girl's list and soon enough she started laughing.

"For fucks sake what the hell is so funny, Aira?" I pulse in my temple popped with annoyance.

"You just look funny when you consistently make that one angry face. Like do you expect me to get scared or what?" she laughs with so much energy.

I let go of her wrist and took a step forward. Her laugh quietens down.

"I've had enough of you Aira. Since the day I met you nothing but annoyance has been in my life. You're not a fucking child. Grow up!" she silently stares at me. "I have a meeting to do, so you're going to see the site we want to buy for our models. Do not show me your face for the rest of the day or it won't be good for you," I warn.

I seriously don't think she's taking me seriously. Her eyes flinched up and down, batting her lashes.

"Understand!" I yell, giving her a little jump.

I walked out of her cabin shutting the door loudly. Everyone ahead of us takes a quick glance at the loud thud and then my shirt.

"What?" I ask loudly.

They all look down at their computers and don't utter a word. Hours passed, the meeting was done, and my coat was clean, and I did not see her for the rest of the day. I receive a phone call as soon as I get up to my room and throw my blazer onto my bed.

The infrastructure of the modelling site is unstable, and it could be blown down due to the weather. Recovery and rebuilding would take a lot of time, but we need a place urgently. Following that, Mr. Alzert rolls a call on my phone asking about Aira.

It was late 10 pm, she should be home right now. When I knock on her room's door there isn't a response. When I enter it's empty. Her bathroom door is open too. She wasn't in her room.

"I think she's busy right now, I'll tell her to give you a call once she's free," I responded over the phone cutting the call.

She's probably wandering around the house somewhere trying to find a new exciting experience for her life but I still take a few minutes to look around for her silently. When I can't find her, my heart races and I stubbornly call her. There was no response. I call her phone now, hoping it'll ring in the house, but it doesn't. Where could she possibly be at this hour?

I thought to myself, walking back up the stairs to my room when it hit me that.... I had sent her to the construction site.

Don't forget to vote 🥀