𝑪𝒉. 𝟐𝟕 | 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒍

Aira

I'm resting in my room when I get a call from my Uncle and Aunt.

"Aira, darling, how have you been?" my aunt asks.

"Hey, Aunt. I've been well. What about you? Are you better now?" I respond back dull.

"I am. But you sound so tried," she instantly catches on my mood like my own mother would.

"I just got back from a conference," I try to speak up so she doesn't get worried.

"That's great. You better be handling things well there," my uncle's voice reached me through the background.

"Yes, Uncle. You don't need to worry."

"Anyways, Aira, we wanted to talk to you about something," the worried approach was clear.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

"Well, we've found someone who we think is a suitable match for you in terms of marriage," she broke the news.

"A guy?" I question, confused because this was so random and out of nowhere.

"Yes honey. He's a great guy. He's a well-known surgeon and is very successful," aunt elaborated.

"But-" I got to interject.

"No buts, Aira. Have a great think about this. We'd love it if you consider him to be your partner," my Uncle cuts me off.

"There's no hurry, Aira. Take your time. Okay," aunt comforts.

"I'll let you know," I sigh before going to end the call.

A guy? I'm not even ready for marriage. How can I marry someone I don't know? I was already stressed enough about Lex and now this guy. I sighed with my head swaying side to side knowing that if I rejected, Uncle would get mad.

The only solution I could come up with was to avoid the topic and see if they'd bring it up again. If I don't give a response, they'll think I'm not interested and leave it. I also need to figure out what do to with Lex. He's getting way too comfortable with his shameless acts and he needs to stop.

──⇌••⇋──

I'm handling some work at the site today since we're preparing for the shooting of Noah's project. The models for his campaign are just about ready but my mind is so focused on the guy my Uncle and Aunt want me to marry. No matter how much I try to get him off my mind I can't. When Noah and Lex come I don't talk to either of them. Especially Noah. I really didn't expect him to come to me and start talking shit about Laura.

I expected him to understand my point of view. I thought he did understand our friendship but now he's siding with Lex. The work for the shoot starts and progresses for the first hour.

"Aira, are you listening to me?" Lex's voice cuts through my thoughts.

Yes I was caught up in the thoughts about that guy. My stomach pooled into anxiety from all the stress and I felt sick.

"Did you get new flash light components? The whole electricity on this floor is fused. Did you not test them?"

"I-uh," I answer still lost for words.

"Aira, you are so fucking useless!" he stresses.

I don't bother saying anything to Lex. Instead I just look at his face where his eyes were glaring fireballs at me from madness. Lex hated mistakes, especially when I made them.

"Now don't start crying like you normally do. Go down to the power room and fix this mess," he orders.

"Woah, Lex, calm down. It's not a big deal," Noah tried defending.