𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟕 | 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔

Aira

Damien showed up to pick me up with a lip injury. I didn't question him for it knowing exactly where that came from. My heart pulsed with anxiety knowing Lex had done that.

"Flowers for my lady," he comes in smiling, even though he suspects something between me and Lex.

I take them out of his hand and give him a small smile in response. I should at least try getting along with Damien. He's going to be my husband soon. Maybe we are compatible. Our personalities kind of go different ways but I should give him a chance for the sake of my Uncle and Aunt. Damien tries his best already.

On the way to the Hudson's house, he enquires about my likes and dislikes which were very similar that a proper conversation actually forms. He even throws in a few jokes that do relax my mood, making me forget that I was going to see Lex. Maybe he isn't as bad as I think he is.

Liz gives us with a warm welcome, excited to see us attend the dinner as an official couple. A small nudge hits my shoulder as she directs us to the dinner table. At the same time, Lex appears. Him and Damien exchange deadly glares, like they could kill each other right now.

"Where's Nan?" I ask.

"She'll be here in a few minutes," Liz told.

"Wait, before I forget," Damien says giving the card in his hand to Lex.

"What is this?" he asks.

"Open it," Damien instructs with a devilish smile. 

Lex opens the card and takes out a really beautiful paper. Looks like an invite to something to me. Maybe it's Damien's birthday soon. Lex looks up from the invite directly to me. Liz grabs it out of his hands and excitedly reads it.

"Aira, your wedding is in two months! Congratulations," she happily says giving me another hug.

What? My wedding is in two months?! When? How? I look to Damien and he has this smile plastered on his face. I didn't know anything about this.

"Nan," Damien says as he sees Nan coming out of her room.

How does he know Nan? Liz and Lex look over to Nan. My gut feeling says that something bad is going to happen.

"Nan, You know him?" Lex enquired, shocked.

"Of course she does," Damien says pulling a smiling.

"What are you doing here?" Nan asked with a worried expression.

"What do you mean, Nan? That's Aira's fiancé. And how do you know him?" Liz's face turns into a worry too seeing Nan's.

"He handled one of my friend's medical case," Nan convincingly lies.

"Come on, Nan. Are you really going to lie to your grandkids?" Damien sarcastically spoke.

"What do you mean, Damien?" Lex's temper slid clearly through his harsh tone.

"Damien Hudson," he cleared.

Hudson. My eyes widened. Was he by any chance... Lex's brother?

"I can explain," Nan says interrupting Damien.

"I told you my dear older brother, a gift and a bonus," Damien says looking at Lex with the utmost devilish smile.

Lex loses it instantly and attacks Damien with a violent punch on his face. Damien fell to the floor and Lex followed behind to abuse him even more. They both start to curse each other. Liz made the effort to hold Lex back by the arm but fails. What on Earth is going on? Damien is Lex and Liz's brother.