𝑪𝒉. 𝟑𝟐 | 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆

Lex

Aira just ditched my chest and left without saying another word. I couldn't bear to turn around this time to see her walk away from me. It physically pained and my breath was hitched. Rather, my cabin door opens again and hope fills in my heart thinking she came back but it was Noah.

"Congrats. Laura is arrested," he informed with a wide grin.

"Good," I say, sitting back on my seat.

"She probably won't be out for another decade."

I stare at my laptop screen, silent. My brain is too caught up in that moment with Aira. Her apology, my heart racing. Why does it happen?

"I have a question, Lex," Noah interrupts my thoughts.

"What?"

"Love is a one-time chance. Only lucky people get a second chance to get their love," he spoke referring back to Aira.

"That's not a question," I corrected.

"It's a piece of advice."

There's silence before he talks again.

"Don't let your arrogance come between your

love, Lex." I finally look up to Noah. "You love her. And you know it," his eyebrows raised in expression.

He gets up and leaves my cabin. I love Aira? No, I don't. She's just a friend. Not even a friend she's my business partner. The only reason I cared for her was because she was in danger because of me. I don't love her, and she hates me. Back at home I was alone at the dinner table. My eyes keep searching for Aira by the stairs, but she never came.

"Lana, go get Aira," I finally break through my patience.

"Sir, she left," Lana's words hit me like a bat hits a ball, hard.

"Left? Left where?" I eagerly get up from my seat.

"She said she's going back to the US. Her flight took off two hours ago."

She didn't tell me she was going back. How can she just leave without telling me? I leave my food and head up to my room. If she doesn't care then I don't care either. I lie down on my bed as I try to sleep but her thoughts keep me awake. The next thing I do is grab my phone and book myself tickets to the US. All I knew is that I needed to go get her. She needed to run this business with me.

──⇌••⇋──

"Oh my God, Lex!" Liz yells getting off the couch, coming to hug me.

The squeals and screams made a whole noise at my arrival and were a call to Nan who rushed to see why she was so happy. My appearance made her smile wide, and I had walked over to her so she didn't have to walk over to me as much. She instantly took me in for a hug and kissed my forehead.

"How long are you here for?" Nan asked instantly to emotionally prepare herself.

"I have no idea yet," I told, confused myself.

I'll be going back when Aira decides to go back. My unpacking upstairs felt unusual. I'm so used to Aira in the house. I let Mr Alzert know that I'm also in the US and get an invitation to the New Year's party which was in three days. Three days until I got to see her. My lips arched a smile but I was impatient at the same time.

──⇌••⇋──

"Lex, get up! I want to go shopping today. I need to get a fit for New Year's eve," Liz says opening my curtains.