𝑪𝒉. 𝟏 | 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕

Lex

"Alright Nan, I will be leaving now," I kissed her forehead looking at Liz who was still ensuring I had everything packed.

"Liz, do not hesitate to call me if anything happens here. I'll be back on the first flight," I say getting up off my sick Nan's bed to hug her.

"We'll be fine. Just get there safely, set up the business, and come back," Liz commands with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

Liz is my older sister. Someone who I love more than my life. Besides her, Nan is the other part of my life. These two women accomplish me in all ways I do not myself. They hate the idea of me going away since I was the only little boy in the family and have been spoiled carefully from the very beginning.

"Yes darling, we'll miss you," my Nan says with fright along her chest.

Nan hated sending me away from her. Though she is my grandmother, she has been my mother even when my mother was present and also when she wasn't. It was as if I dragged a knife through her heart and tore it whenever I left for my little business trips.

Right now, I'm leaving to set up a new business overseas and expand my billions' worth of modelling company. I haven't exactly told them that I might decide to stay in Australia for a bit longer than a few weeks.

Eventually, they'll get used to me staying away and it's not that I won't visit them now and then. I'll have to, they're my family. But my life works on business terms, not sentimental. I hug Liz tightly because I know I won't be able to again, for a long time. Ever since my parents died, she's been like a mother to me along with Nan. I respect her and her wishes so much, the way she does to mine. My nan places her hands on my head to give me blessings.

"May God always keep you safe and healthy. May you always get the best," she prays.

I give a gentle smile before I hug my Nan one last time. They were the only two people in my life, the family that I had.

"Sir, everything's ready," my driver comes in to tell.

"I'll be there in a minute," I say hearing a sad sigh from them both.

"Both of you, if anything happens do not hesitate to tell me," I strictly order and repeat, knowing the condition of my Nan's health.

"We won't. Now go or you'll miss your flight," Liz calmly says. It was a great worry to me to leave them behind.

Due to Nan's health, she couldn't travel long distances which prevented me from taking her with me. What worried me more was Liz's carelessness that she has with her work ethic. I knew she would handle my company here just fine but she can be really easy on the employees as compared to me. I get waved off one last time as I get into the car and even then, I am receiving calls from my business partners.

All the way to the airport I was answering my emails. Everyone in the US knew I was leaving tonight; I had already given the news a month prior to my departure. Many people thought when I told them my sister would be handling the company in the meantime, that a huge and successful business like mine would crumble in the hands of a woman. I didn't believe that. Well, not for Liz at least.

This new company in Australia is in partnership with my guru, my grandfather's best friend's son. My dad did not get along with him but as long as my grandfather was alive, he made sure I was trained by him. I don't blame my grandfather for anything, my dad was never interested in handling our family business despite of its success.

Talking of my business partner, I have checked out my luggage and have been sitting in the waiting area for quite a while now. The flight boarding is going to begin soon too but he is nowhere to be seen. Just as I pull my phone out to ring him, his phone call comes my way.