Let us pray 10

When I woke up it was 7am and I knew I had to get up soon and get ready for practice.

But I really don't want to. I just want to stay in bed and cuddle with El, she looks so cute, her nose is scrunched up and her mouth is open just a tiny bit. I really could get used to this.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by my blaring alarm. Waking El up in the process.

"Saraaaaa turn that horrid sound off" she whines "For the love of god, how do you not suffer a heart attack from that thing" ok so not a morning person...got it.

"Sorry love I have to get ready for practice and this is the only way to wake me up" I tell her, kissing her forehead.

"What time is it" she asks.

"A little over 7am" she groans at my response, burying her head in my chest.

I laugh at her before getting up and taking a shower, I put on fresh boxers and then get dressed in my training gear so I don't have to go through the mess Katie and I made yesterday.

Once I'm done with my breakfast I go upstairs to say bye to El.

"I have to get going love, I'll see you later, if not I've probably been murdered" I say as I kiss her head cheek and finally her lips.

"Mmm I could get used to this, I really hope you live through the day" she tells me, reciprocating the kiss.

"Same love, but you should probably brush your teeth" I tell her before booking it out of the room and downstairs.

"FUCK OFF YOU ASSHOLE" I heard before closing the door.

—————————————

Katie picked me up so El could use my car to get to her meetings. We arrive just on time and make our way to the canteen.

"I have a feeling this will be the last peaceful conversation we have with our teammates for a while" Katie says and I nod in agreement.

"Let's hope they're in a good mood" I say as I start praying while opening the gates to hell.

"Good morning everyone" I say receiving a 'morning' from a few of them and a death glare from Leah.

This can't be good.

I take a seat next to her starting a conversation with the others at the table before asking "You ok Le? You look a little under the weather"

"Bugger off I just got my period and I'm literally dying" shiiiiit this is not good. I make eye contact with Katie and she looks just as panicked "Just please don't do anything stupid today" she adds.

Fuck.

Where can you go to get a new identity.

"No worries, but shouldn't you be at home? I've seen how bad it gets" I ask her but she doesn't reply, instead she lays her head down on the table.

Katie and I are the first ones in the locker room to get our cleats before the rest come in. Honestly we're just trying to escape certain death.

Just before we leave the others come in so we pick up our pace and just as we open the door we hear Kim.

She's mad.

"WHO THE FUCK TIED ALL THE LACES TOGETHER" I look at Katie and we come to a silent agreement.

...Run

And we do just that, "GREY" "McCABE" we hear the screams of our teammates as we run towards the pitch

Once we make it to the pitch our legs buckle from laughing so hard. Jonas comes over along with Mike and Rose looking at us suspiciously.

"What have you two done this time" he asks. Why do we always get the blame?