Is this what karma feels like? 12

Back to Sara's pov

I start to stir awake and become aware of the pain in my neck. I lift my head and see Katie still asleep on my shoulder.

I'm a nice person so of course I let her sleep.

For another 3 seconds before I move my shoulder making her head fall off.

But karma's a bitch and when Katie tries to stop her fall, she elbows me in the dick. OUCH. This was a horrible decision.

Well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions....

Thank you TikTok.

"Fuuuuck" I wheeze out, cupping my balls in attempt to ease the pain.

El look concerned, Katie looks terrified and Leah? Leah is laughing at my pain.

Why do I put up with this abuse?

Just kidding, I love her...sometimes.

"I'm soo sorry Sara I didn't mean to hurt you...this time" Katie apologizes in her own unique kind of way. I try to answer but nothing comes out.

My phone beings to ring in my pocket but I'm in no condition to answer it so Leah comes over and takes my phone out of my pocket answering and putting it on speaker.

—————————————————
Beth
-Hey Sar, we're thinking about having a movie night for team bonding at 6pm.

Leah
-Hey Beth, Sara's got a little situation and can't really talk right now but we'll be there

———————————
She looks over to El silently asking if she's up for it. Receiving a nod in agreement.
———————————

-And we'll bring a guest

———————————
She tells Beth. I'm thankful that she asked for El approval, giving her a say in the matter. I understand it could be stressful meeting the team. We're an acquired taste...

Yeah let's go with that.
———————————

Beth
-Oh that's fine. The more the merrier, but can I ask who that might be?

-Do we know them?

Leah
-Thank you and no you don't, her name is Elyse and she's Sara's friend

Beth
-A friend or a frieeend?
*fuck off *

-Anyway what happened to Sara
*now she's worried...seriously*

Leah
-Katie accidentally hit her in the balls sooo

Beth
-Ooof I feel for her
*she laughs at my pain, of course she does*

-But anyway, see you at 6pm at mines

Leah
-Bey Beth
——————————————————

Leah ends the call and I'm finally able to sit up and but together words.

"Is this what karma feels like" I ask them causing them to giggle at the fact I can't stay serious for long periods of time.

Where's the fun in being serious when you can be sarcastic? Am I right or am I right?

"So...team bonding. Who's ready for that? 'Cause I'm certainly not" I say after a moment of silence.