Take me to church 23

AN

The only reason you're getting this chapter is because of the AN in the end 💅

______________________________

"Katieeee" I whine as we're sitting on the bench. We're playing against Wolfsburg and Jonas told us that we weren't starting today.

His exact words were 'I don't need to be 2 players down by the second half' which only happened one time and it happened when we played against them in the group matches. From the second we started that game the ref was against us. That whole game was just honestly just a massive clusterfuck...

I went in for a tackle and timed it perfectly, only getting the ball and the player I tackled just stood up to carry on with the game, knowing it wasn't a foul. So imagine how surprised we were when the ref blew the whistle and pulled out the yellow card. We were honestly all dumbfounded.

If I remember correctly I think he gave out 7 yellow cards and then Katie and I both got 2 each turning them into red.

"Saraaaa" she mimics.

"You wanna make a bet" I grin.

She looks a little hesitant but she's too competitive and intrigued not to hear me out so she slowly gives me a nod.

"I bet you a tenner I can get that ball" I point to the ball in front of us "Into the other teams bucket without getting caught" I smirk.

"Ok...you got yourself a deal. No way you won't get caught" We shake on it and I pick up the ball, throwing it straight into the bucket with a loud 'boom' sound making the other team jump.

I quickly turn around and start a conversation with Cait "Caiiiit I'm bored" I notice that Jonas is walking over but he's not looking at me. Instead he's sending daggers to Katie so I just continue chatting with Cait.

"McCabe behave yourself" he scolds

"It wasn't me it w—" she doesn't get to finish.

"Don't blame Gray when you're the one who got caught. I saw you looking at that bucket" he says. GET IN.

He turns back around so I look at Katie who's a mix between shocked and disappointed.

"Looks like I won" I laugh at the look on her face "I'll make sure to collect my tenner after the game" I wink at her and she slaps me. Always so bloody violent.

—————————

I'm getting subbed on as a left winger. Don't know why Jonas thinks that's smart but I'll go with it.

I receive a pass from Leah and I'm running down the side, waiting for Caitlin and/or Viv to get closer to the box. I come up against Oberdorf and do a quick step over before megging her "Arschloch" she calls after me.

"Man muss genauso sein um es zu verstehen" (it takes one to know one) I reply before taking a shot, hoping either Viv or Cait gets a head to it.

To everyone's surprise neither of them got it. Instead, it went into to the back of the net.

"What the fuck....GET IIIIIN" I scream as I start running towards the little section in the stands, full of Arsenal fans.

"That was bloody brilliant mate" Katie says as she jumps on my back, almost choking me and doesn't release her grip until I tap her arm.

—————————

We beat Wolfsburg 4-1 in the first leg and now we just need to win the next game which will be a home game. If we win, we're in the semi finals, if we don't, we can kiss the chance of a trophy goodbye.