He's not a dog 27

I tell the girls that they can come back into the living room and when they come Katie brings Harry a plate of cheese pizza. I'm glad that she and Leah are here because I don't know anything about children and I would probably lose him in a second.

But wait...when do kids get potty trained?

I lift him up and sure enough he needs a new nappy. "Eeeh...Katie" I say.

"Yeah..." she looks at me and figures out what I want "He needs changing...doesn't he" I just nod "Alright mate...Leah go get a towel, he has some extra nappies in his bag so just put him on the towel" I do as she says. She continues walking me through the process.

"Open the nappy...lift his legs up and take it away....NO NO NO don't place him down you dummy, you're spreading the poop....ok now take a wipe and just clean it up....place the new nappy under him and before you close put some cream to prevent diaper rash...aaaand donee" ok I'll have to admit she has been a life saver today.

"What do I do with him now" I ask. Katie laughs and Leah rolls her eyes.

"Just let him sit on the sofa and watch TV or maybe ask him" Leah suggests, didn't think of that...

"You wanna watch a movie" I ask. He nods "What movie should we watch" he just shrugs "Helpful one aren't ya" I say sarcastically.

Leah smacks my shoulder "Oi be nice to him, he's probably terrified being around complete strangers" she says.

"He's seen our games" Katie tries to save me but also gets slapped.

"Not the point. I mean he's never seen us or talked to us before...we're total strangers" she maybe does have a point...

"I was left with strangers all the time and I turned out just fine" I say, they both just look at me and Katie bursts out laughing.

"Ok maybe not but at least I'm alive and funny as fuck" I give them a giant smirk and Leah smacks the back of my head.

"Watch your language Gray. Pick out a movie, I'll be back in a few with some snacks and drinks" Leah says, walking into the kitchen, leaving Katie, Harry and I alone on the sofa.

We scroll through Netflix and Harry pokes me when I land on a certain movie, he has great taste...Katie and I ain't complaining.

Leah comes back with the snacks and sits down noticing the movie that's on "What the he-holy mother of god are you letting him watch" Katie goes to reply but gets cut off "He's way too young to be watching Jaws" she says.

"He picked it didn't you bud" I say giving Harry a little nudge, which may have been a little too harsh...

He has the biggest pout known to man and his lips start to quiver.

What that hell do you do when babies cry?

"Fuck I'm sorry bud I didn't mean to make you upset" I say and I see the tears coming down "What do I do" I ask the girls who just give me a look that says 'figure it out'

Always the helpful ones aren't they?

"Ok..ok buddy....is it okay if I pick you up" I ask, he lifts up his arms so I pick him up and start swaying him gently while pacing around the living room "Hey it's alright, no need to cry bud. It'll all work out I promise you we'll figure it out" I don't know whether I'm trying to convince him or myself.

He settles down on my chest, sucking his finger "Oi Katie, can you check and see if there's a dummy somewhere in his bag" I ask her and sit down on the sofa so Harry hopefully relaxes.

"There ya go bud" she puts the dummy in his mouth and it doesn't take long for him to settle down and fall asleep.

"Where do I make him sleep" I ask them after a while, I mean it's a logical question I think...isn't it?

Future me problems जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें