Bella took Hermione to Madam Malkins to get her a set of Gryffindor robes first before buying her some muggle clothes in London. "Are you hungry Hermione? Theres a quaint muggle cafe near by." Bella said as she looked her companion. When Hermione didn't reply Bella took her by the hand and lead her to the cafe insisting she ordered whatever she desired. Looking at the menu Hermione realized that she was once here with her own parents. As they finished ordering, Bella pulled out her wallet and paid for them both. "Come let's sit here." Bella stated ushering her to a table near the back.

"Why are you doing this?" Hermione asked. Taken back the question Bella put her coffee down and looked at her. "Well, to answer your question because I volunteered. And because if you went off shopping with McGonagall you'd end up looking like an old lady. And before you ask no I'm not using Hogwarts money. I'm using my own. I'm the heiress to one of the oldest pure blood families in wizarding England. So don't worry about it. And secondly I like you Hermione. You may be a Gryffindor but you're feisty, and I see a lot of myself in you. Now eat up, we have one more stop to make." Bella said as she smiled at the young girl's reaction.

Once they were back in Diagon Alley Bella brought Hermione to the pet shop. "Now, everyone needs a an owl, so go ahead pick which ever you'd like." Bella stated. Hermione looked at the owls closely inspecting them before picking a large black screech owl. "This one?" Bella asked. Hermione nodded. "How about a puffskin too? I have one myself and an owl, so go on pick them out." She stated. Hermione walked over to where the round puffskins were located and chose an orange one out. "I knew I liked you. I have an orange one too. Come on now, let's get back to Hogwarts." Bella stated as they left the shop after Bella again pad for everything.