45

Later that night as they readied for bed Hermione and Lily sat in their beds talking about the upcoming school year. "I can't to get our new uniforms." Lily stated. "I know! We've both grown a bunch this summer haven't we?" Hermione replied. "Yea...how do you like my sister?" Lily asked. "She's...alright...a lot better in this time than in my timeline." Hermione replied. "Oh...yea...I still can't believe Dumbledore left my son with her..." Lily replied with a smile. "Lights out girls!" Mrs. Evans called as she opened the door to check on them. Lily and Hermione lay down in their beds still quietly talking amongst themselves before slowly falling asleep.

In the morning they woke up to the sun shining through the windows. Before going down for breakfast they took turns showering and dressing. "Good morning girls! Sleep well?" Mr. Evans asked. "Yes!" Lily and Hermione replied together. A few minutes later Mary and Petunia arrived downstairs all dressed for the day. "What are we doing today mummy?" Petunia asked. "Well Hermione and Lily are going shopping for their school things. And I thought you, Mary and myself could go to the zoo." Mrs. Evans stated. "They're going school shopping alone?" Mary asked. "Yes." Mrs. Evans replied.

"Isn't that dangerous?" Mary asked. "Oh no...the place they go is well secured." Mrs. Evans replied. "Where do you need to go shopping?" Mary asked. "London." Hermione replied. "London! That's not a safe place!" Mary exclaimed. "We'll be meeting my aunt Bella. We'll go shopping with her and then come back here." Hermione replied. "Oh..." Mary replied. "Don't worry about them Mary, they'll be perfectly fine." Petunia replied.

After breakfast Lily and Hermione headed upstairs again to get their things before leaving the house. They walked up the street a ways before pulling their wands out to signal for the bus. "Where to young ladies?" The man asked. "Diagon Alley!" They said together before taking a seat just before the bus lurched forward as it headed down the street at break neck speed.