16

The next few days were filled secret meetings in the room of requirement, and secret notes that were passed in class and in the corridors. Hermione found herself hanging out with her friends more and more, especially with the days starting to get warmer. Today she was seated in the library with Regulus. She was helping him work on his potions paper. "I heard you're going to live with us. That will be great! I've always wanted an older sister. Not that I think of you as an older sister or anything...you know.." Regulus stammered. "It's all good Regulus, I understand what you're trying to say." Hermione replied as they continued with their homework.

Later that evening the group of friends gathered in Bella's room once again. This time they were discussing what the Gryffindor boys saw on their map. "And are you sure it was him?" Bella asked. "Yea, he was in the forest talking with Snape, Malfoy, and some other Slytherin boys. So we snuck out under my cloak and spied on them." James explained. "And what did you hear?" Bella asked. "Here! We took the memories out of all our heads when we got back, so we wouldn't forget anything." Remus explained as he handed the vials to Bella.

Everyone followed her over to a small set of drawers and watched as she pulled out a pensieve and poured Jame's memory first. Hermione and Bella stuck their heads in to it as the memories swirled around before coming into view. They could see Peter standing with a few Slytherin boys who Bella knew were in the lowest ranks of the Dark Lord's army. "So? Do you have any information Peter?" Lucius Malfoy asked looking down at the chubby Gryffindor. "Uh yes! I learned that Professor Black is helping that mysterious new girl Hermione. I've also seen her spending time with Regulus." Peter squeaked. "Anything else? Have those bumbling morons said anything as to why they aren't hangin out with you as much?" Snape growled. Peter shook his head no before speaking. "They just say that they've been busy with quidditch or homework. But I've seen them together with Professor Black and her sisters coming and going from Professor Black's rooms!" Peter squealed again. "Tom will be most proud! Stay close to the Potter boy! Find out everything you can!" Malfoy snapped sending Peter on his way... as the memory faded out...

"Interesting..." Bella whispered as she and Hermione pulled their heads back out. "What's interesting?" Cissy asked. "Peter is not to be trusted. At. All. All of you must stay as far away from as you can. But especially you five." Bella explained. "Why us?" Sirius asked. "There's a future depends on it." Bella replied.