44

After getting changed Hermione and Lily headed downstairs for dinner. Lily introduced Hermione properly to Petunia and her friend Mary who would be spending the week too. "Pleasure to meet you Hermione." Mary said as they shook hands. "You as well Mary!" Hermione replied as she sat next to Lily. As they ate Lily and Hermione made small talk amongst themselves occasionally Mary would add something to their conversation, Petunia however did not even try to talk to Hermione. "So Hermione? How do you like boarding school?" Mary asked. "It's a lot of fun. Lils and I are roommates." Hermione replied. "They have some weird friends. Lily has pictures of them in her room. They're odd." Petunia grumbled.

Hermione shot Lily a look. Lily nodded in response. "Stop being mean Petunia! I don't say your friends are odd!" Lily snapped. "What are your friends like? Are the boys cute?" Mary asked. Lily and Hermione started laughing. "What?" Mary asked confused. "The boys are all toe rags...or at least they were till this year..Hermione has gotten them to behave...mostly..." Lily replied with a smile. "What do your parents think of them Hermione?" Mr. Evans's asked. "My Aunt Bella loves them. My parents died in an accident, so I live with my Aunt and cousins." Hermione lied. "Oh, well I am sorry to hear that. Is your Aunt nice?" Mr. Evans's asked. "Oh she's quite lovely! She took us all to the cinema when Lily came over. It was quite a fun day!" Hermione replied.

"Is that where that picture was taken?" Mrs. Evans's asked. "Yes mum." Lily replied. "Who were those older girls you were standing beside Hermione?" Mrs. Evans's asked. "Oh...those are my cousins Narissia, and Andromeda. The boy with shaggy black hair is Sirius, then Regulus. My other cousins. Then James, and Remus." Hermione explained. "Petunia said you had a picture? Could I see it? After dinner of course..." Mary replied. "Oh yea sure..." Lily added.

After dinner Mrs. Evans's cleared the table excusing the girls to go upstairs. "This is our friend group." Lily said holding up a very still picture of everyone. "Which ones which?" Petunia asked trying to be nice. After pointing everyone out Petunia had a smilie on her face. "Well...they seem nice...better than that Snape boy."  Petunia stated. "Oh..Severus?" Hermione asked. "Yea.. we aren't friends anymore." Lily replied.