19

Bella summoned Dumbledore and McGonagall into her chambers a few minutes after she got back from her meeting. "What's this all about now?" McGonagall asked. "We know how to stop you know who!" Cissy exclaimed. "You do? How exactly do we do that?" Dumbledore asked looking at them. "By destroying his horcruxes. I know of one. It's his school diary, back in my time Harry destroyed it by using a basilisk fang. He used the sword of Gryffindor to kill the basilisk that resides in the chamber of secrets." Hermione explained.

Dumbledore looked at her for a moment before speaking. "It makes sense." Dumbledore whispered. "What makes sense Albus?" McGonagall asked. "Tom is obsessed with eternal life. He put his soul into objects. I should have known this when he came to ask for the DADA job a some years ago. He lingered in the school for some time, it makes sense now. He hid one of these objects here in the school. Now Miss Granger, you know that his diary is one of these. How exactly?" Dumbledore asked. "Well you see sir, when Harry stabbed the book in the chamber the memory of you know who disappeared. He told me that it let out a terrible scream as it disappeared, almost like it was dying." Hermione explained.

"So you want me to give you the sword to defeat this beast?" Dumbledore asked. "Not exactly. The sword can only go to the Gryffindor that needs it most when the time comes. In my time Fawkes brought it to Harry inside the sorting hat, then proceeded to blind the beast. What I'm suggesting is that we go down there together to defeat the basilisk then his diary and whatever Professor Black brought back from her vault." Hermione stated. "It's here. In my bag." Bella stated. "What is it?" Dumbledore asked. "It's Hufflepuff's cup." Bella replied.

Dumbledore thought for a long moment before speaking. "I may know what and where the other ones are. I've been looking into them for a while now. And I believe I know where they are." Dumbledore stated. "Well? What shall we do Albus?" McGonagall asked. "We let them go on with their plan. Miss Granger here will lead some of them into the chamber while the others go with you to the come and go room. You know what to look for Minerva." Dumbledore stated.

With that everyone split into two groups. In Hermione's group there was Remus, James, Cissy and Bella. While with McGonagall there was Andy, Lily, Sirius and Regulus. "Miss Granger...look for Fawkes." Dumbledore added before he disappeared.