49

The sorting went through quickly and the welcome back feast was delicious as always. Lily sat beside Hermione at the long table as they ate their food. Marlene sat on the other side of Hermione talking to her about random things. "I love muggle music!" Marlene stated. "Oh? What band do you like?" Hermione asked the blonde. "The Beatles best." Marlene replied causing Hermione to laugh. "What?" Marlene asked. "The Beatles are ok...however I like Bowie and Aerosmith." Hermione stated. "Do you have records?" Marlene asked. "Yea.. in my room." Hermione stated. "Can we listen to them tonight?" Marlene asked.

"Yea sure." Hermione replied with a smile. After dinner everyone headed to their dorm rooms for the night. Marlene dragged Mary and Dorcas along to Lily and Hermione's room to listen to music. The girls danced to the records most of the night before separating to go to their beds. "She likes you!" Lily whispered to Marlene as she left. "Really?" Marlene asked. "Yea! Ask her out!" Lily added with a smirk.

The next morning came and they were off to classes. Everyone was yawning by the time lunch rolled around that afternoon. Again Marlene sat by Hermione as she tried to find the courage to ask the brunette out on a date. Biting her lip Marlene looked at Hermione before leaning in and whispering in her ear. Hermione nodded the answer an it was all Marlene  needed to hear. Or in this sense see. She couldn't help but smile the rest of the day and into the night.

They'd made an arrangements to go to Hogsmead on the first weekend trip. "Ohhh! I knew you'd too be so cute together!" Lily squealed happily. "Shut it Evans!" Hermione groaned as she tossed a pillow her way causing the redhead to laugh out loud.