Chapter 4: Auditions

Today is The Nutcracker auditions. Olivia is sitting in the waiting area when I walk into the studio. A sign on the door of studio C says organized warm up, while a sign on studio A says personal warm up. Some dancers are doing each, some are like Olivia, just waiting, and others are like me and Sappho, trying to get ready.
"Ainsley, you are actually wearing ballet clothes!" Exclaimed Olivia.
"Yeah, I thought I should follow the dress code," I replied.
"For once," Olivia muttered.
It's true though. I hate our ballet dress code, and sometimes I don't follow it.
I go into organized warm up. I stay for one song.
Then, I go to personal warmup with Olivia. I practice my splits, my over splits and my back walkover.
Later, Miss Margo walks into the room.
"Auditionees, please come into studio B. The auditions are about to start" she said with a strait face.
She isn't always like this. It's because it's an audition.
We walk into studio B.
Miss Melissa is there, sitting at a table with papers.
"Welcome dancers," she said with a smile,"First, I will teach you a combo that you I'll perform for me in groups. The combo is like this," she said, getting up to show us.
"Gallop. gallop gallop, then side gallop and side gallop. Then you do a twilit turn and stand in prepatory position. Now do this port de bras with your left arm only. Then gallop, and finish in prepatory," she instructed as she did the moves with us.
We did the combo again, then with music. After that, we got split up into 2 groups . Then we performed it. Leah was in my group. Olivia and Sappho were in the other group.
"Now, please line up. When we call you name or point to you,you can show us any tricks or flexibility strengths you have. You are more than welcome to pass," instructed Melissa.
"Olivia ," said Mel politely.
Olivia did a cartwheel.
"Ainsley," said Mel.
I did a one handed cartwheel.
"Leah," said Mel.
Leah did a front walkover.
"Sappho," said Mel.
Sappho did the splits.
It went on like that for a while. Some people passed.
At the end of the audition, Mel dismissed us. She said we would receive and email in the next week regarding weather or not we made it in.
My friends came home with me for supper after the auditions.
When we are in my room, I ask my friends,"Did you notice Margo didn't do anything once the audition started?" .
"Kinda,"
"No,"said Leah .
"Yeah," said Olivia," I bet she's getting sick. Remember when she got sick
last spring?".
"Yeah." I said.
I hope she was just getting a little sickness and it was nothing more.
A/N:Please read this story and spread the word about it. I will do sfs, just comment Comment any questions about the dance or if you are confused about the characters.