Chapter 43:Recital

Slam.
I closed the door of our car, struggling to hold my 3 dance costumes that all had to be on a hanger and my dance bag with all my dance shoes and hair stuff were. My sister opened the door to CEC, and we walked to the place where you check in.
"What's your name?"Melanie, a former teacher asked me when I got to the front of the check in line.
"Ainsley. I'm in comp, intro to contemporary , 9-10 jazz with Katie and grade 3 ballet with Margo," I told Melanie.
She highlighted my name in all of my performances.
"Your room is right there," a senior student told me, pointing to a classroom.
My room is where I will leave my stuff and get changed once.
"Thank you," I thanked the senior student, and walked inside the room.
I claimed a desk by putting my stuff on it. I pulled my phone out of my messy dance bag and plugged my headphones into it. I warmed up listening to We'll Be The Stars. I went out into the noisy hallway to check the show order. Comp team was second. I looked at my phone, which I had in my hand. 1:54pm. The show starts at 2:00pm, so I decided I would head backstage. Bridget came with me.
They must have introduced the show, because a class went on and performed.
They did well. Now, it's our turn .
Here we go.