Chapter 40:Awards

I put my CDS jacket on over my dress for You Can't Stop The Beat, grabbed a drink of water and headed back to the stage for awards.
3rd for the solo category had already been announced. Nor Bridget, nor I had got it.
"In second place we have Emilia with Cheerleader,".
One of us isn't placing.
"And for the first time ever, in first place, we have a tie. Ainsley with Hot 'n Cold and Bridget with Take Me To Church,".
Bridget and I hugged excitedly, the accepted our awards.
In the small group category, they already announced 3rd and 2nd.We are either getting 1st or nothing at all.
"In first place, we have Firework,". We start freaking out. Kaitlyn is very excited. We hurry up and accept our award.
"What studio are you from? The announcer asked.
"CDS!" We called excitedly.
~
For the group awards, we are holding our breath. I'm really hoping we win.
"In first, the International champions are........... CDS with You Can't Stop The Beat,".
We started screaming and hugging and clapping. I think this is the most exciting moment in my life.
"I'm so proud of you!" Mel exclaims when we get back into the room.
To celebrate our win as a team, we went to Epcot in DisneyWorld.
It was probably the best day ever.
~
"I saw you guys at Internationals. Congrats," my teacher said to us,"My daughter was only glued to the TV the whole time. She had to see if you guys won,".
My teacher's daughter is Mackenzie's age.
"Thanks," we said.
~
"Congrats on your win! "Exclaimed Sarah at gymnastics the next practice. Today is our last practice before Jr. Gymnastics Olympics.
"How was Internationals, besides the win?" Asked Sarah.
"Amazing,".