Chapter 32:Solo

My whole team is backstage, with all 5 teachers. Our moms are in the audience. I separate myself from everyone else, to get my head in the right place for my solo. I'm in the dark wing.
"Next up we have Ainsley with Say Something ,".
I head into the stage.
My dance is about losing someone. I feel absorbed in my dancing as I dance. I couldn't be doing better in my opinion.
I finish my dance on the floor.
The lights go on blackout, and I stand up. The lights come back up, and I now smiling.
"And the winner, moving on to duets is.... Ainsley with Say Something" announces the announcer.
I shake the hand of my competeater.
"Congrats," she said.
"Thanks," I say, smiling.
My team is excited for the next round.
I go upstairs, wash off my make up and take my dress off . I put on what I had on earlier.
My friends and I went to the resteraunt at the hotel to have lunch. I have chicken fingers.
After lunch, we went down the street to a gift shop. We got souvenirs there. I got a snow globe for me and a snow globe for Marisa.
We had supper at the resteraunt. I had chicken fingers again.
"Do you guys wanna go for a swim?" I asked my friends.
"Sure" they said.
We went up to our room and put on our bathing suits. Mine was purple with pink flowers on it. Bridget's was black with colourful splashes on it. We went down the stairs to the pool with our towels and room key. I unlocked the pool door with my room key and we went in. we set our towels down and had a blast. We went off the diving board and down the slide. We made up routines in the water. We went off the rope.
After about an hour in the pool, we dried off and headed upstairs.
We put our pjs on and went to bed.
Today was a good day.