Chapter 19:Bridget's moving in

Jen and mom talked, and Jen agreed to let my mom email Mel to see if Bridget could join the comp team. Jen already emailed Mel herself to see about signing Bridget up in contemporary and ballet. Bridget is taking Intro to Contemporary(same as me) and Rec. Ballet 1. Bridget already has contemporary experience , but at our age, you have to take Intro to Contemporary no matter what.
The next day, Mel emailed back to say that Bridget could join the comp team. I was over the moon.
"What should I expect of comp team? Bridget asked me on New Years Day.
Tomorrow is the first day back to comp team.
"Person wise:Everyone is nice except Tess. Ignore and stay away from her.You will know who she is. All of the teachers are nice. Mel will sometimes yell, but she is actually nice. She doesn't yell often. Dance wise:We are working for provincials. You will only be in our group dance ,Survivor for provincials," I told her.
"Thanks. I'm nervous,"She replied.
"No need to be,"I said.
My mom drove me, Bridget and Jen(my aunt) to the studio. Jen has to pay for Bridget.
When we got inside, I gave Bridget a quick tour of the studio. She had been inside before, but not in the studios.
Since all of my friends but Ireland knew Bridget, I introduced Bridget to Ireland.
Mel called us in.
"I have good news and bad news," Announced Mel,"The bad news is that this is Tess' last day. She is moving away,".
I had to stop myself from snickering.
"The good news is that Ainsley's cousin Bridget will be taking her place,".
Bridget waved.
Tess raised her hand.
"Yes Tess," Mel asked.
"That's not fair! Bridget didn't audition,"Tess argued.
Bridget's face turned red.
"It is the middle of the comp season. I don't have time for auditions. I have seen Bridget dance, and she fits my criteria. Plus, this shouldn't effect you. You are leaving,".
Nice Melissa.
"Tess, you are dismissed .Bridget, please come with me to studio B. I will teach you the choreography for Survivor," Mel said.
Tess left the room and the studio with her mother. Bridget followed Mel out of the room.
20 minutes later, Mel and Bridget came back.
"I want to see Survivor with Bridget in it," Announced Mel.
We did the dance. Bridget messed up. Few steps, but she did pretty well.
"Again," Mel instructed.
And so we did it again.