Chapter 7:Districts

Districts was.... You know what, I don't know how to describe districts. Saturday morning we went to the studio at 7:30 am. We got on a 15 passenger bus and drove to Antigonish, where the comp is taking place. We live in Truro, so it was about a 1h 15 minute bus ride. Once we get to building, we head in. My solo is first. My mom does my hair in a pony tail. I put my costume on. It's a short navy dress.
I rise up on my toes and go back down.
"Next we have Ainsley Boudreau with Human. She would like to dedicate to this dance to all of the victims of bullying," announces the announcer .
I step out onto the stage . I feel as one with the music. I danced my best. When I come back stage, Margo isn't there. I'm kinda hurt. Katie took me into a hug.
"Next is Emma Pretty with Feel This Moment," said the announcer.
Emma was incredible.
Our group dance was good. It was Stutter. It was good.
At the awards,I get second place. I was sad, until I found out that Emma got first. The group dance got 1st.
At our next rehearsal, Margo talks to us for the first time.
"I have something to tell you. I should have said something earlier. I went to the doctors last week. I need surgery on my ankle if I ever want to do ballet again. That's not it though. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. As of this rehearsal, I won't be here for a while,"
"Ainsley, can I talk to you?" Asked Katie, breaking the silence.
I get up from the floor. I can't speak.
"Listen, when Margo wasn't backstage after you solo, it was because she really wasn't feeling well. She knows you look backstage when you dance. She didn't want you to look backstage and see her. She didn't look good. She was so pale. She was scared you would mess up.
"Yeah, I'm sorry Ainsley. I really am," said Margo.
I hadn't realized she came over.
"I forgive you. It makes sense now. I'm gonna miss you not being here," I told Margo.
"I'll miss being here," she said.
I can tell she wouldn't leave unless she had no.
She has to.
A/N:Vote!