Chapter 47:Recital Part 5

I went upstairs and put on ballet costume. My mom and I went into her bathroom to do my make up. I hate having my make up done. Then, we went downstairs and mom did my ballet bun. I grabbed my other two costumes(ballet and acro) and headed out the door with my costumes and my dance bag.
Dress Rehearsal went well.
After Dress Rehearsal, I came home and shoved a hot dog in my mouth for lunch. We touched up my make up, then out the door we went again with all my things.
~
When we got to CEC, I struggled out of the car, and headed in to check in .
"Name and class(es)?" Melanie asked me when I got to the front of the check in line.
"Ainsley. I'm in Grade 3 Ballet with Mel, Rec Ballet 1 and Acro 1," I told her.
She highlighted my name in my classes.
"Your room is over there," A senior student directed me.
"Thanks," I said, headed into the room I had been directed to.
I set up my Rec Ballet 1 costume in the room, for I had a fairly quick change. 3 dances.
Then I warmed up to Style by Taylor Swift.
After, I went into the hall to see the show order. Acro was 3rd after intermission.
I went back in the room.
In our room there were 4 classes;my 3 and Grade 2+ ballet.
Mel walked into our room and started to speak.
"My grade 3 Ballet class can head backstage. Rec Ballet 1, you can wait a little, then go backstage. Acro 1 and Grade 2+ ballet, you guys can go in the auditorium to watch the first act,".
With that, I headed backstage, and started to get my head in the right place.
~
Blackout happened for the dance before ours, and we took our starting positions.
The lights came up and we started dancing. Our dance was perfect.
After our dance, I ran out of the backstage area and into the room. I pulled off my Grade 3 costume and pulled on my Rec Ballet One costume. Then, I returned backstage and got in my place. I got my head in the right place and the lights went on blackout. The lights came back up, and we started dancing.
Our dance is to the intsermenal version of Elastics Heart.
We nailed it.