Epilogue 10

Emerald was sitting on the sofa staring blankly at the front wall.

Oh how she missed her parents.

She wanted to see them so bad yet she didn't want to disturb them or make a big fuss about it.

Just then Vegas came with some porridge in a cute delicate little bowl Pete bought for Emerald.

He scoops her up gently into his arms.

"You hungry?"

He then grabs a spoonful of porridge and feeds her but she didn't want to eat it.

She turns her head away and sulks quietly to herself.

Vegas sighs.

He knew that she missed Porsche and Kinn. But whenever they wanted to video call either Porsche or Kinn, Emerald would grab their phones and cry as loud as she could until they swore they wouldn't call them.

But then once she stopped crying, she would start sulking in a corner.

Vegas then takes his phone out, and of course, Emerald starts crying her heart out immediately.

Her tears and cries would break or melt anyone's heart in a quick second.

Vegas then puts down the phone immediately.

"Don't you miss your parents? Why don't you wanna call them hmm?"

"......no"

Emerald shakes her head softly, tears dripping down Vegas's shirt.

"don't cry, don't cry I won't call I promise."

Vegas coaxed her in a soft voice.

"eat the porridge hmm? Or I'm going to get beaten up by your dad when he gets back."

Emerald then eats the spoonful of porridge obediently.

After a while, she snuggled in Vegas's arms and slept soundly.

Vegas made sure she was asleep then handed her to Pete quietly.

Little Emerald grabs onto Vegas's hand's and gave a small cry.

Vegas hugs her.

"I'm here it's alright"

Then she queits down and as Pete held her, she slowly lets go of Vegas's hand.

Vegas slipped out and then video calls Kinn.

Kinn on the other hand, was about to end the call which was interrupting his sweet date with Porsche when Porsche stopped him from doing so.

"He just wants to chat baby, don't end it"

Kinn sighs in defeat as he gives Porsche a quick kiss and wraps one arm firmly around Porsche's waist then answers the call.

"Yes?"

"Good, you answered, I'll jump straight into the point then. - Emerald has been sulking in a corner for days, because she misses you and Porsche and when I wants to call you, she would literally cry her heart out and give all of us a panic attack, because - she, didn't want to disturb both of you and I swear to god, if she knows I am calling you right now she would literally throw my phone away."

Kinn and Porsche then stared at each other for a minute or two, blank.

"...hello? stop staring at each other? Earth to Kinn? "

"......where is she?"

"she's sleeping, how else do you think I would be calling you right now? Not that I'm complaining, I love having her over, but she has been so miserable that I can't help but call you"

"wake her up. We'll talk to her."

Vegas sighs.

"Oh god I'm dead. If she hates me after this, it's on you Kinn"

Porsche laughs at Vegas's reaction.

Kinn merely rolled his eyes.

Vegas then went to the room where Emerald was sleeping soundly.

He bents over her cradle.

"God, please don't hate me after this. I'm doing this for you" he murmured softly under his breath to Emerald.

He then picks her up gently.

"Em, wake up"

Emerald stirred and she slowly opened her eyes as she starts crying in Vegas's arms.

"dada and mama wants to talk to you"
Vegas said in a soft voice.

Emerald froze.

She looks up at Vegas.

Then she starts crying.

So loud.

Vegas regretted his decision.
Bad decision.
Very bad.
Terrible.

"I'm sorry, please don't cry, they missed you too"

Emerald cries so loud as she pushes Vegas away with her little hands.

Vegas holds her tightly.

"I'm sorry Em, hmm? I don't mean it"
Vegas apologized in such a soft voice.

Emerald blinks her teary eye at him sad and angry.

Vegas then immediately grabs his phone and shows it to Emerald.

Porsche and Kinn then saw Emerald.

"Sweetheart, do you miss us? Yeah? Please don't cry sweetheart, it's alright, we'll be back in two more days, we promise" said Porsche in a gentle voice.

Emerald then reaches her hand out eagerly for the phone somehow trying to touch Porsche through the phone.

"mama...ma"

She then starts crying again, but this time because she misses them so much.

She cries her heart out and Kinn and Porsche on the other hand had their hearts broke seeing Emerald like that.

Emerald never cried so loud, she would only cry softly in their arms unless when she was scared that either Kinn or Porsche would leave.

"Sweetheart, I promise, we'll be back in two more days. See, we bought you clothes, and snacks" said Kinn trying to coax Emerald.

Emerald then slowly stops crying but pouts her lips sadly.

"mama dada" she said softly in her sweet soft voice making Porsche and Kinn melt.

Porsche then suggested that they go home a day earlier.

"How about this, sweetheart? we'll be back tomorrow yeah? We'll change the date"

Emerald then nods her head softly but then shakes her head afterwards.

".....no, go..fun"

"we'll be back tomorrow it's alright, we had enough fun yeah sweetheart?"

Emerald then hesitates but then nodded her head at last.

Kinn and Porsche then coaxed her a few more minutes and then ended the call.

Once the call ended, Vegas looks at Emerald nerveously.

They both stared at each other as tension filled the air.

Then Emerald reaches her hands out, wanting Vegas to hug her.

"..hug"

Vegas smiles and immediately picks her up and hugs her, relieved.

"you're not mad hmm?"

Emerald shakes her head.

She then snuggles in Vegas's arms and plays with Vegas as a peace offer.

She giggles softly at Vegas.

Vegas then laughs.

The both of them then played together for the rest of the evening.