69

The video had finished playing, and the video room quickly became dark.

Gu Tingshen didn't speak for a long time.

He hugged Ying Yi tightly, and the calm lake in his heart was now filled with huge waves.

Gu Tingshen had thought about it more than once as to why Ying Yi had such deep feelings for him.

At first, he thought that Ying Yi acted like this due to the inertia of his previous life as a shadow guard, or because he was coerced by the system. Otherwise, it would be difficult to explain why some people would be so afraid of the freedom that is so easily available, and be so resistant.

Later, because he realized his feelings for Ying Yi, Gu Tingshen never gave Ying Yi a chance to leave him.

But in fact, until a moment ago, Gu Tingshen didn't know why Yingyi was so persistent with him.

The answer turns out to be so simple.

"...Is it worth it?"

He gently stroked Ying Yi's back and asked softly in Ying Yi's ear in a hoarse voice.

Just because of that bowl of thin porridge when he was young, because he once took him out of the palace, Ying Yi was willing to spend his two lives together.

This is just silly.

It's heartbreakingly stupid.

It was only then that Gu Tingshen figured out why he had always felt that Ying Yi was different from other shadow guards when he was in Dayan.

Shadow Guards are dead soldiers. When not on assignment, their only duty is to protect their master's safety.

But Yingyi knows many things.

He is good at cooking and sewing. He is familiar with all types of spices and can always ignite the incense Gu Tingshen needs just right.

He is also good at making tea and can even arrange flowers. He is often more considerate than Gu Tingshen's maid, so Gu Tingshen always takes him with him when he goes out.

Shadow Guards are busy with training on weekdays. Apart from duty and training, they rarely have time to rest.

Gu Tingshen had never thought about how Ying Yi could learn skills that did not need to be mastered by Ying Yi in such a short rest time.

He didn't know why Ying Yi would learn that.

But now, he didn't even dare to ask Ying Yi if Ying Yi had fallen in love with him as early as in his previous life, a long, long time ago.

Gu Tingshen knew that Yingyi finally met and admitted her feelings for him only during the filming of "Ask the Immortal 2".

But if it was just to repay a favor, it would not be possible to achieve the level of Kageichi.

His foolish shadow, in his previous life, he didn't dare to admit his feelings for him until his death, but he still remained loyal to her until death.

"Is it worth it?" he couldn't help but ask again.

As if aware of the unrest in his heart, Yingyi hugged Gu Tingshen's waist tightly and buried his face in his warm embrace.

After a long while, he said in a firm voice, "It's worth it."

Gu Tingshen's heart suddenly started to hurt again.

...

Gu Tingshen once said that the script of "The King's Side" has not been completely determined. If Yingyi has other ideas, he can take the initiative to communicate with the screenwriter.