The Psychic Hero's Meeting

Phoebe
: (R/N)! Please wake up! I need you to wake up! Please!

Your eyelids are forced open by invisible hooks. A grey cloudy sky with no sun and no moon is the first thing you see when your vision refocuses. You're slouched over the back of a U.A. classroom chair. Your lungs take in crisp yet stagnant air. An endless lake of swaying water soaks through the soles of your costume. Your indicator reads, "???%"

You: Where am I?

You call out from the placid island of ignorance amidst this black lake of infinity. The last thing you can remember is laying back in your hospital bed pondering on if becoming a hero was a mistake, then nothing. Black. Cold black nothing for what felt like eons.

...: You're nowhere. You're everywhere. You're here. You're there. You're-

A cloaked figure steps out of thin air behind your chair then walks in front of you.

...: You can stand now, you know?

You hesitantly lean up out of the chair. Your head feels like it's splitting apart. You grab at the crown of your skull. Your quirk is gone. You can't sense anything.

...: Hurts- I know. I had to take you by surprise. One hit to the head and that was it. It wasn't pleasant for either of us. I apologize on my behalf.

You: Who are you? Where am I? Where's Tsuyu? Where's Kirishima? And Phoebe?! 

The hooded figure sighs, their cloaked body shifting away from you.

...: You're outside of your own story.

You: I'm sorry, what? Cut the crap, man. Please... I want out-

...: I owe you many answers. More than I can answer. Long story short-

I am your creator. The one that brought you into existence. I wove you into existence to live and love and fight and adventure.

You: How did you do that?

...: Do what?

You: Talk like that. You spoke but- you didn't.

...: That was me just messing with you. But really, I am quite literally your creator. I am the one responsible for the development of your story. A coming-of-age story about the ever-gray battle between good and evil. Villains and Heroes. 

You: Himiko? What did you do you me?!

...: I am not Toga. I am just your writer. I built your tale on the foundations laid out by others. You were the second tale I ever started in earnest. A story I never expected to reach so many people...

The figure turns back to you. It reaches into its cloak and takes out a deck of cards.

...: I started this journey as a strange, confused, and... lost... individual. Disturbed in ways I never knew. Gifted with an ability I hardly understood at the time. The gift became a curse. Then a gift. Then a curse. Then- it became my whole reality when I learned the brutal nature of it. I created one story based on what that gift latched onto. Then, I created another; You. The Psychic Hero. Then, I created another. All because of this-

The figure pulls out a single card from his deck.