Side Story: Strum

~~~~~~~~~Kyoka Jiro~~~~~~~~~

The common room in the dorms was empty except for a single person. Jiro.

She held an acustic guitar in her hands, strumming away a melody of soft harmonic cords. She was sore from the day's ultimate move training and figured that a nice music session would help her body relax.

The empty common area made for an excellent place to play her instruments because the sound carried through the wide space like a concert hall. Jiro was fine with not having an audience but playing for someone always added an extra special touch to her music.

Her fingers masterfully stike each cord, making her guitar sing. Her short hair bobbed with each strum.

Jiro stared at a large tree outside, taking inspiration from it's calm yet sturdy nature and infusing that into her strumming. She didn't notice some people coming downstairs.

You.

Mina.

Iida.

Ojiro.

And Kaminari.

Mina slides onto the couch behind Jiro and listens to her song. She turns to everyone else and places a finger over her lips to tell them not to speak so Jiro won't stop playing.

Everyone silently stops to listen and watch with Mina.

Jiro still didn't notice. Her eyes were locked on the outside world.

More of your classmates come down to the common area and sit behind her.

They were entranced by the melody coming from her guitar.

Then, she begins to quietly sing to her self.

Jiro: We gather here on a dreary day. United and strong. To witness the end of, our struggles.

Her voice struck everyones ears with a soothing energy.

Jiro: We've loved and fought and faced our fears so now we wipe away our tears, at the end of all our struggles.

Her hand strikes the strings with increased pressure as the song picks up.

Jiro: I stand by those who stand by me in darkened world of hate and greed to bring the to all, our struggles.

Jiros voice grows in intensity.

Jiro: They've seen me strong, they've seen me weak. But through it all we help the meek so they can reach the end of all their, struggles. We fight and we bicker like siblings but like siblings we love and we support the other! Because at the end of  all our struggles-

She shouts the last line.

Jiro: -we will only have eachother!

Jiro stops playing to let her hands rest.

Mina springs up from the couch and loudly claps.

Mina: THAT WAS AMAZING!

Jiro yells in suprise and falls off the table she was sitting on.

Jiro: How long were you all sitting there?!

Iida: The whole time.

Jiro: So you heard all of that?!

You: Yuuup. It was beautiful.

Kaminari: Yeah, you should really play for all of us more!

Mina: I knew you could play an instrument but you're a fantastic singer too!

Jiro: I- Uh- thanks-

Jiro leans her guitar against a coffee table.

Jiro: You all scared me half to death. I didn't know anyone was watching me-

You: We're sorry about that but we knew if you saw us, you'd stop playing.

Mina: Did you write that song yourself?

Jiro: I came up with it on the spot.

Mina: Amazing! I wish I had that kinda skill!

Jiro smiles to herself. This was the first time in awhile where she was the center of attention. It was an unfamiliar yet welcomed feeling.

Jiro: I can play more if you like.

Ojiro: We'd love to hear more.

Jiro picks up her guitar.

Her hands slide over the strings and she begins to strum.