Chapter 34: In the Middle of the Night

Hosu city was in sheer disarray.

Screaming filled the streets as Nomu's attacked innocent civilians. Local heroes were doing their best to take control of the situation to no avail.

Your mother was taking shelter behind a dumpster outside of an office building. She was separated from your brother, who of which was no where to be seen.

A large Nomu with no mouth was sniffing around the air, trying to find someone to attack.

It stomped around near the dumpster when it picked up on your mother's perfume.

The Nomu picked up the dumpster and threw it.

Your mother, unable to run, screams for help as loud as she could.

It goes to mercilessly smash your mother, but is swiftly stopped by a short old man wearing a white and yellow suit.

The old man kicked the Nomu with enough force to make it skid across the ground multiple times.

Old Man: You're okay miss. The pro-heroes are here.

He rushes at the Nomu, swiftly dodging any attacks it threw at him.

The man strikes the Nomu over and over again until it falls to the ground, unconscious.

Old Man: Phew, I really am slowing down... guess my hay days are long gone.

He hobbles to your mother. She was crying and shaking on the ground.

Old Man: You're going to be okay. That thing is gone. It can't hurt you.

Mother: M-M-My s-son. I-I don't know where he-he went.

Old Man: Your son has probably found safety by now. How old is he?

Mother: E-eighteen.

Old Man: Then he's smart enough to seek out shelter. Let's get you to a safe spot okay?

Mother: O-okay.

Your mother crawls up from her spot, wiping tears from her eyes.

Old Man: Now if we spot any more of those things, you need to get out of the way as soon as possible.

Your mother shakes her head. She limps along with the short old man as best she could, but fear would paralyze her when a loud sound went off.

Old Man: Damn, shes hysterical... I need to keep her focused on getting out of here. So, have any other kids?

Mother: Wh-What?

Old Man: Do you have any other kids? Apart from the son you just mentioned.

Mother: Y-yes, I have a s-son who goes to U.A.

A loud explosion goes off down the street, causing your mother to scream and freeze up.

Old Man: Hey now, you're okay. That went off far away from us. Keep focused on me and your sons. Keep focused for them. You said your other son goes to U.A., that's quite the prestigious school. What course is he in?

Your mother gets back up.

Mother: The h-hero course.

Old Man: My my! You must be proud of him! Keep her talking Torino, shes calming down.

Mother: Im- Very proud.

Another Nomu rounds the corner ahead of them.

Old Man: Stay calm and don't make yourself a target. Move back slowly. I'll deal with this.