Chapter 67: Sowing the Seeds

I plan on making some of these beginning/set up chapters a bit more condensed to create more time for focusing on individual events down the road when things begin amping up.

I hope you all enjoy the first chapter of THE PSYCHIC HERO MONTH!

Have a great day!

~~~~~~

Toga wakes up with a splitting headache on a hard, cold concrete floor. The side of her head was stained with crusted over blood from a wound near her temple.

Toga's blurry vision made it difficult to see around the dimly lit area she awoke in, but she could make out car like objects in ordered lines surrounding her. The scent of gasoline and wet pavement was powerful.

???: Get up.

A deep commanding male voice echoes through the enclosed space.

???: Get. UP!

Toga does as she's commanded. Her arms and legs force her up into a standing position. Her vision slowly returns.

Rows and rows of various cars surround Toga in a concrete parking garage. Standing just behind her was none other than Yato. He stood over her like a bulky tower of muscle and insanity. His face was painted with old blood stains. His mouth was set at an awkward angle as if his jaw was knocked out of place. The baseball cap he wore on his head was missing some stitching along with entire patches of fabric.

Yato: It's about time you woke up. I didn't hit you too hard.

Toga: The gash in my head says otherwise.

Yato: That is the consequence of rebelling against my wishes. I gave you a simple ultimatum Toga. Leave the boy alone, or suffer at my hands. You and the rest of The League of Villains didn't listen to me. Now, Shigaraki is rendered useless and in custody along with Dabi, Compress, Kurogiri, and Twice. The League is done.

Toga: So... why not turn me in too? I was the one given the order to kill-

Yato: Yes, you were given the order to kill, but by the wrong person at the wrong time. Your brother plays a very crucial role in my ever changing plan. I need him alive until he fulfills his purpose, then he may die. You have gotten close to killing him a few times now. All you need is a leader who knows what he's doing.

Toga: Are you trying to get me to help you?

Yato develops a grin. Almost all of his lower teeth were either missing or cracked.

Yato: I figured you could scratch my back... and I could scratch yours. All I need from you is a special task done for me. You want your brother dead. Here's my deal. You help me with what I need done, and I'll get the boy to you so you may end his life when the time is right. This way we both win in the end.

Toga: I'm not your ally! Especially not after what you did to the League of Villains! To my family!

Yato: I thought you might say that- so let me show you what happens if you don't comply...

Yato suddenly snatches up Toga by the neck, hoisting her up into the air while chocking her. Toga struggles to breathe.

Yato: I'll kill you. Right here. Right now. Your head will pop like a balloon and I'll continue on my path to ascension. Not taking my offer if a dumb, grievous mistake! Take it Himiko! Where's your self-preservation?!

Yato's grip on Toga's neck tightens. Fear washes over her.

Toga: I'll- do- IT!

He quickly releases Toga, causing her to drop to the floor coughing up mucus and spirts of blood.