Chapter 20: Encroaching Challenges

This was it, the day of the Sports Festival. You tied your shoes, grabbed your bag, and prepared to leave.

Your mother comes up to you before you exit.

Mother: I'm sorry you won't be compeating this year... at least there's something in it for you. I may not know what they're planning to do with you as a replacement activity... but I do know I had to sign some serious paperwork to even give you permission to do this. Be safe and most importantly, learn all you can.

You: I will mom. I should be home near midnight.

Mother: I'll be up waiting for you. Oh! And I'll record the games for you to watch later.

You: Thanks.

You give her a hug and leave the apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school grounds were cluttered with thousands of people, all waiting to get in. You took the back entrance that you were instructed to take, Phoebe was waiting by the door to the inside of the school.

Her face brightened up when she saw you approaching.

Phoebe: Helllooooo!

She gave another musical greeting.

You: Hello ma'am.

Phoebe: Let's get you geared up. I've got quite the suprise waiting!

You walk the mostly empty halls of U.A. The silence was uncomfortable.

Phoebe unlocks the door to room 1-A.

Phoebe: Grab your costume case and enter the changing room. I'll be in here waiting.

The panels on the classroom wall pull out to show off all the numbered briefcases. You grab your number and head to the changing room.

Upon opening the case, you instantly notice huge differences in the black suit.

Running up the length of both arms were long slots that held chains within them. The indicator on the right wrist was also new and updated. The screen looked brighter and a lot tougher.

Extra padding lined vital areas.

You put on the suit and gawk in the mirror.

After sliding in the needle at the base of the neck, the indicator blares to life.

Indicator: 1% Blue

LED lights on the suit that ran from your neck to the indicator appeared blue.

You: THAT'S SO COOL!

You exit the room to see an excited Phoebe.

Phoebe: So, what do you think of it!

You: It's awesome. Much more comfortable than the last design. Thank you!

Phoebe: I figured that you'd like it! If you want to turn off the LED's, tap the screen on your indicator.

You tap it and the color fades.

Phoebe marvels at you for a moment.

Phoebe: Alright, it's time for us to leave. We have a very long day ahead.

You: Wait, can I make a call first?

Phoebe: Go right ahead, but make it quick.

You pull out your phone and dial Kirishima's number.

It rings for a few seconds. A voice on the other side answers.

Kirishima (Phone) YO YO!

You: Hey man, is Tsuyu there with you?