Chapter 27: Internship

Monday arrived faster than expected.

You had spent your weekend with Kirishima and Tsuyu around the city. Their fondness of you seemed to be growing by the day. Kirishima would talk your ear off and Tsuyu always stuck by your side closer than usual. Your happiness manifested in the form of a messy hairstyle and an aura of joy surrounding you, which amplified everyone else's moods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stand in front of a train  station playing with your phone next to strangers. A suitcase full of clothing and your hero costume rested at your side.

???: Mommy look!

The voice of a small child grabs your attention.

A little boy was tugging at the shirt of his mother, showing her a poster board featuring of four cat themed heroes.

'The Wild, Wild Pussycats- Travel safely in the wilderness!'

You: Huh... Aizawa was right, some pro-heroes are strange...

The train comes to a hault screeching down the tracks.

You board the train with your ticket.

~~~~~~~One Hour Later~~~~~~

You watched as the city scape turned into wilderness durring the trip. The train passed dense woods and lakes frequently.

Far off in the distance was a snow capped mountain surrounded by lush green trees. It stood as a monument to nature's beauty in the natural world.

The train slowed down when it reached the local station, this was your stop.

The doors slide open to a rustic wooden building covered in old flyers about various topics and information about the local area. Trees were sparcly spread out and the air was humid from recent rain fall. The scent of wet wood struck your nose.

You: Aizawa said that the pro's will be waiting for me here.

You walk into the building. Inside was an information center. It sold maps, pamphlets, and camping supplies.

At the far end of the building you spot four differently sized people. Three women and one very tall muscular man all dressed in vibrant cat costumes.

You: Dear god... WHY?!

You instantly recognized them from the poster back at the train station. They were the Wild, Wild Pussycats.

???: I HAVE SPOTTED A YOUNG KITTEN!

The man of the group alerted his female companions to your presence.

You: WHAT DID HE JUST CALL ME?!

The team rushes to you with energetic smiles.

You brace for impact but they all stop before crashing straight into your frail body.

They strike a very peculiar team pose when they introduce themselves.

Mandalay: I am Mandalay! My quirk is Telepathy!

Voice in your head: See?

The voice was the exact same as Mandalay's.

Next to introduce themselves was the blond.

Pixie-Bob: The name's Pixie-Bob! I can reshape the ground as long as theres dirt around!

The last girl with light green hair and colorful face paint speaks next.

Ragdoll: I'm Ragdoll! I know where everyone is at all times with my search quirk!

You: So no privacy? Greaaaaaat.

Finally came the big brute of a man. His costume was very eccentric and showed off his bulging muscles.

Tiger: I am Tiger! My body is able to flatten and stretch to my feline heart's desire! And together we form the rescue team of-

Mandalay: The!

Pixie-Bob: Wild!

Ragdoll: Wild!

Tiger: PUSSYCAAAAAAAATS!

You stood stunned at the raw energy coming from this strange gaggle of heroes. They took their cat theme straight to heart with absolute dedication.

You:... I'm am going to be having a very loooong talk with Aizawa and Phoebe when I return...

Mandalay: Welcome to your internship (R/N)! We were honored to hear that a student from U.A wanted to shadow us.

Tiger: Indeed we are! The description of your quirk makes us think you will be a valuable temporary addition to this team!

Ragdoll: I've always wanted to work with a psychic!

Pixie-Bob: And a handsome one at that!

Mandalay: PIXIE NO!

Pixie-Bob: FINE!

You: I'm in for an insaine week.

Mandalay: So, are you excited to be here?

You: Suuuure, guess you could say that... I just wasn't expecting to intern with such eccentric heroes.

Ragdoll: Bah! In time you'll get accustomed to our high energy! Soon you will be begging to stay with us!

Pixie-Bob: While you're with us, you'll learn the basics of rescue training in real scenarios. We want to show you as much as we can in just a week!

You: Sounds interesting. I'm ready to get started!

Tiger: Slow your roll kitten! We have to go over some very important rules and guidelines for your safety!

Mandalay: But were not going to do that here. We have a headquarters deep in the woods that we're going to take you to. So follow us.

They take you out the door and onto a dirt road that cut through some dense woods. Mud stuck to your shoes.

It was a breezy day so leaves were falling off the trees in a beautiful display of red, orange and green.

You take a good analysis of the Wild, Wild Pussycats. Each of their quirks are useful on their own, but combined they form a very good rescue team able to solve a multitude of problems with teamwork. They were odd yet obviously skilled in their field.

Five minutes of walking leads you to white building that looked a lot like a small office.

Mandalay: This is the visiting center for this stretch of land. Anyone who wants to try to climb Mount Rishiri or camp out in the surrounding woods comes through here. It's also our base of operations.

Pixie-Bob: Note that we don't own the area or anything. The local government asked us to stay here for awhile durring the camping season to respond to any distress calls. We actually work from a different forest that we own.

You: So this is where we're staying?

Mandalay: It is! We have our own rooms, three meals a day, and supplies to help us out.

Tiger: We will not be spending much time here. Being a rescue hero means you're always on patrol, searching for people who aren't able to call for help.

They take you in and show you around the building.

You eventually get to your quarters. It was an offset room connected to one big lounge area that held a couch, tables, and hand held radio charging stations.

Your room simply had a twin sized bed in it along with a small table and chair.

Ragdoll: This is it, welcome to your internship (R/N)!

You set down your suitcase.

You: Thanks, I'm excited to start!

Tiger: Then we must go over the rules! Take a seat on the couch and we'll get started!