Chapter 49: Recovery and Reprocussions

The aroma of medical alchohol crept its way into your nose. The strong scent was enough to briefly bring you out of unconsciousness. There was a myriad of unknown voices speaking in a very panicked tone. Rapid footsteps scrambling to different locations echoed all around you.

???: He- blood!

???: Give him- Where's the bloo-

???: Aiza- Match.

You fade out again.

~~~~~~~~~1 Day Later~~~~~~~~

You open your eyes to see an I.V bag dripping medicine into your arm. Your vision was extremely blurry and you couldn't make out any definitive shapes beyond a few feet.

Your whole body was completely numb minus the splitting headache that was rupturing your skull.

The room you were in was painted white and had a brownish marble floor.

A shape moves just beyond your vision.

???: Are- awake?

You could barely make out what the person was saying.

???: (R/N)? He-lo?

Your breathing becomes extremely heavy and your heart began to beat at an irregular pace.

???: Nurs- seiz- he's havin- se-

You fade out again.

~~~~~~~~The Next Day~~~~~~~

???: (R/N)... (R/N)... can you hear me?

Your eyes slowly open. Phoebe was leaning over the hospital bed you were resting in. She was dressed in a causal shirt and jeans.

You: Yes... I can.

You spoke in an extremely hushed voice.

Phoebe smiles when she hears you speak.

Phoebe: Welcome back. We all thought that we lost you a few times.

You: What? What happened?

You look around the room seeing various medical devices.

Phoebe: You're in the hospital. Do you remember what happened?

You: I remember All For One and- and Ragdoll... then nothing.

Phoebe grabs your hand and holds it in hers. She had her eyes locked on you.

Phoebe: You... 'exploded'. The Leauge of Villains attacked at a time when your powers were drained. This lead to you getting progressively more emotional in a situation where you could easily die. Your body built up any remaining power you had left and discharged it all at once in an effort to preserve itself.

You try to move your right arm but a sudden tearing pain rushed through it. The location where Toga stabbed you was stitched up and wrapped in bandages.

You: I remember you warning me about this...

Phoebe: I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to stop it...

Her eyes welt up with tears.

Phoebe: I tried to get there as fast as I could but I was too late. You had already passed the point of no return.

You: You have no need to be sorry. The only people at fault here is the Leauge of Villains.

Phoebe: I'm just happy that you're alive. You flatlined four times in the past two days and suffered seizures. We actually thought you were in a vegetative state until you woke up.