Chapter 17: Tolerance

Phoebe and Aizawa lead you to the outside training area after you put on your gym clothes.

Infront of you were multiple objects. A bag full of unknown things, a large metal sheet, a  long chain link, and a single glass of water.

You: Um... what exactly is all of this?

Phoebe: Well before we start your tolerance training, I wanted to see how you utilize each of these items. Starting with this.

She picks up the bag and throws it to you.

It was full of metal marbles.

Phoebe: Those look familiar?

You: Yeah, I used these durring my combat training.

Phoebe: Exactly! You need to learn how to uses certain objects in a creative manner. I want you to attack me with each of these objects so I can see just how you use them. Okay?

You: Uuuuuhhhh... sure.

Aizawa: This can't end well...

He backs away from the two of you to watch from afar.

She stands directly infront of you.

Phoebe: We'll start with the marbles and move up the list. Attack when ready!

You dump out the marbles on the concrete. They start to spark to life as you focus your energy on them.

They all launch as a group from their places and surround her. They're all blown away before they can land on her. A few of them pelt your face and body.

You: OW!

Phoebe: Opponents who can use area of effect abilities will easily dismiss an attack like that. Using all of your marbles at once isn't a good idea. Although they are small and easy to use, they don't do much in terms of damage.

All the marbles roll back to their original positions.

Phoebe: Attack me again, but this time not with all at once. Use only a few at a time.

You focus on three marbles.

They fire off and are quickly dismissed by Phoebe. As she swipes them away, you focus on another three and launch them while she was distracted.

They land.

Phoebe: See how those landed? Small objects like these are to be used as a device of irritation. A distraction if you will.

You: Huh, that's smart.

Phoebe: Next, the metal sheet.

The piece of metal skids across the ground and lands infront of you.

Phoebe: Alright, use it.

The sheet was harder to control due to it's size, but you were still able to move it.

You: Here goes!

You go to launch it at Phoebe but are stopped by a fast moving marble striking you in the forehead, ruining your concentration. The metal falls to the ground.

You: OKAY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?

Phoebe: What do you mean? Try again.

You pick up the metal sheet again.

You: Rrraaaaa!

You thrust your arm forward again. Another ball strikes you in the same spot.

You hear Aizawa quietly laughing to himself.

You: WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT!?

Phoebe: Think about it, that sheet is about as large as you are.