Chapter 26: Choices

Aizawa and Phoebe flipped through the list of hero agencies, telling you who they were run by and what they specialized in.

The large widow next to the couch showed how much time was passing. When they got done explaining each and every agency, the sun was almost down over the horizon.

You: I honestly don't know what agency I want to go with. They all sound appealing but...

Phoebe: Go on

You: What kind of hero am I gonna be? A Brawler? A Rescuer? Or even an Intel hero? I'm not sure.

Aizawa: Well that's what this internship is all about. You go out on real assignments with pro-heroes to see what you like and don't like. I spent my first internship with a rescue hero because that's what I thought I wanted to be when I graduated from U.A. Then by interning with a Brawling and Intel hero, I decided that I had the most skills in those fields. This is all a learning experience for you (R/N). Dont be afraid to experiment.

You knew Aizawa was right, but you still didn't know what to go with. By this point, anything sounded good as long as you got to do an internship with a real hero.

Phoebe: Tell you what-

She pulls out a coin.

Phoebe: If this coin lands on heads, you'll do an internship with a Rescue hero. If it lands on tails, you'll do an internship with a brawling hero. How does that sound.

You: It's better than bashing my head against a wall trying to decide. Go for it.

She flips the coin into the air and catches it. When she opened her palm, the coin revealed heads.

Phoebe: Looks like you'll be doing a rescue internship.

Aizawa grabs a highlighter and marks hero agencies that specialize in rescue operations.

Aizawa: Hmmm... Phoebe, what about them?

He points to a listed name to show Phoebe. You couldn't see what he was pointing to.

Phoebe: That might be an excellent choice for him but theres only one problem... he'll be working with- THEM.

Aizawa: (R/N) will have to learn that some of the people he works with aren't going to be exactly normal. This team will definitely teach him that.

You: Who are you guys talking about? What team?

Aizawa: That's for you to figure out. How does mountain range rescue operations sound?

You: As good as any other option. I've never been into the mountains so it'll be a new experience for me.

Aizawa: Then it's decided. The hero agency you're going to intern with specilizes in rescuing people along mountains and other unpopulated areas.

You: Alright! I'm excited to see who I'll be working with. I wonder who it is...

Your stomach rumbles.

Phoebe: Sounds like you're hungry.

You hadn't eaten since lunch earlier that day.

You: Guess you could say that.

Phoebe: Well um... I can order some food. I'm not much of a cook so I don't keep food stocked here.

Aizawa: She really isn't, I'd know.

Phoebe: Like you have any room to talk Mr. 'I Eat Burnt Toast Every Morning'.

Aizawa: Yeah yeah.

Phoebe grabs her phone and dials in a number, talking with the person on the other side about food.

Aizawa: I'll get your choice written down and tomorrow morning I'll send out a message. Your internship starts on Monday.