Chapter 50: A Phone Call

This is more of a transition chapter to lead up to the villain raid event so I apologize if it's a little short.

Also, 50 chapters... holy shit

I hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk down to Jiro and Hagakure's joint room should have been a brisk walk but your numb legs made it difficult to move at a consistant pace. Tsuyu kept a tight grip on your left arm to keep you steady

Her hands were placed on the hand shaped scar Shigaraki gave you. The dead nerve endings failed to pick up on how tightly she was gripping your arm.

Tsuyu stops infront of their room and gives it a solid knock.

Hagakure: Come in!

She opens the door and leads you inside.

Both girls were placed at opposite ends of the room. Neither of them had any bandages and looked comfortable.

The wall mounted T.V in their room was on a news station reporting about the Summer Camp attack. People all over the world were doubting the safety of U.A students. A part of you didn't blame them.

Jiro: (R/N)? How are you up and walking? We heard that you got beat up pretty bad.

Hagakure: Yeah, shouldn't you be resting? You're covered in bruises.

You could barely tell where Hagakure was. The gown she had on blended in with the bed sheets making it hard for you to spot her floating clothes.

You: I'm hopped up on medication. The only things that hurts at the moment is my arm and head. Other than that I'm fine. I didn't want to stay in that room alone all night so I wanted to drop by.

You limp over to Hagakure's bed and sit at the end.

You: Besides, you two are the only ones apart from Tsuyu that are still here. Midoriya was discharged earlier.

Jiro: I would be home by now but my parents got caught up in a bad traffic jam. So I'm just here waiting for them.

Hagakure: Same here.

You glance over to the T.V.

Reporter: -these organized villain attacks are becoming more and more frequent. Public trust in heroes to stop these groups is on the decline after the recent incidents with Hosu, U.A, and the hero killer Stain.

Jiro: Notice how no one has spoken to us about any of this? We're the victims here...

You: The media has always been more concerned with the villain side of things. It brings in more viewers.

Hagakure: Hysteria sells...

Tsuyu: Either way, we all know that something is gonna happen tonight.

You: The only question is when.

Tsuyu opens the window in the room to let in some fresh air. The scent of the hospital was a constant reminder of the condition everyone was in.

Hagakure: Say (R/N), why hasn't anyone come to pick you up? Where's your mother?

You stall for a moment.

In all honesty, you didn't know. Every fiber in your body said that she was gone. Dead.

Toga's words embedded themselves into your brain and played on loop.

Toga (Memories): You know who else tried to run from me?- I'm so proud of you son.

You: I-

Tears welt up in your eyes but you quickly swipe them away.

You: I don't know.

The three girls seemed to pick up on your somber tone.

Tsuyu: There will be justice...

You didn't respond.

There was a sudden vibration coming from a pocket on your gown.

You reach inside and pull out your phone.

You: Huh, Phoebe or Aizawa must have put it in there.

Phone: Call from; Phoebe Nania [Answer]?

You accept the call.

You: Hello?

Phoebe (Phone): Hey kiddo. How do you feel?

You: Better. I was able to get out of bed and walk down the hall to Hagakure and Jiro.

Phoebe (Phone): That's great to hear!

You could hear the sound of a moving vehicle in the background.

Phoebe (Phone): I called to... to uh...

She was trying to find her words.

??? (Phone): Just tell him.

A female voice was encouraging her.

Phoebe (Phone): I wanted to say that I love you (R/N). My life has changed because of your presence, you've opened my eyes to what living truly feels like. I never got to settle down and... start a proper family... but lately I find myself considering you as a son I never knew I needed. (R/N)... you taught me that home isnt a place, it's a person.

She goes silent.

You: I love you too ma'am. Thank you for taking care of me and supporting my development as a hero. I owe a lot to you.

Phoebe sniffles on the other side of the phone.

??? (Phone): See? It wasn't that hard. We're almost there so wrap it up.

Phoebe (Phone): Right, right. (R/N), please recover well. I'll see you as soon as this is all said and done.

You: I'll be waiting for you. Give All For One a piece of my mind if you see him.

Phoebe (Phoebe): Certainly. Bye.

You: Bye.

You hang up the phone.

Jiro and Tsuyu were giving you soft looks. They could hear both sides of the conversation due to the room being so quiet. You couldn't really tell what Hagakure was thinking because of her invisibility.

Jiro: That was super sweet...

Hagakure: It really was. You, Mr.Aizawa, and Mrs.Nania kinda create a semi-functional family.

You: I guess we do but calling them a replacement for my real family would be- wrong... I want to see my real mother and father again...

None of the girls say anything.

Hagakure leans over in her bed to give you a side hug as condolence.

You: My mother told me something when I was young. It was right after Yato's attack. She said "Our bodies are weak and breakable, just look at mine. But our spirits... those cannot be dominated". I live by those words. She kept me going despite the rough times we were living in. Yato took everything from us... yet she fought on. I don't know where she is now or if shes even still alive but her soul will live on forever within my heart... no matter what.

Jiro and Tsuyu develop a warm smile.
~~~~~~~~~~10:30 P.M~~~~~~~~~

The four of you spent the next hour or so talking about random things ranging from U.A to what happened at the summer camp.

Hagakure: I didn't have any time to react before-

T.V: This just in! Explosions have shaken the city as what seems to be heroes combating villains can be seen here on this live footage.

Everyone turns to look at the sudden panic from the reporter on T.V.

Reporter: We're going to get live feeds of the ground as soon as possible. Please stand by for further developments on this situation!

Jiro: Is that them?

You: It has to be...