Chapter 45: A Tranquil Moment

Aizawa leans up against the wall opposite of you.

There was nothing but seriousness in his eyes.

Aizawa: I heard about what happened earlier, in the bath house.

You turn red as you prepared for his response to you accidentally peeping on the girls.

You: I didn't mean to do it I swear! One moment I was laying back and the next I was flying in the air! I tried to cover my eyes but-

Aizawa: I'm not angry about that. I know it was an accident. In fact, Phoebe warned me something like this might happen.

You: Eh?

Aizawa: Your quirk, its evolving.

Aizawa sighs.

Aizawa: Phoebe noticed something different about you durring your final exams, a sort of "hidden power" to be exact. She described it as an energy that craves to be unleashed but can't.

You: Why can't it?

Aizawa: Because it would kill you in the blink of an eye. Most quirks don't fully develop until a person is in their early twenties. At that point, the quirk is at it's maximum potential. You're no different but being a psychic means that if your quirk unleashes too much power, you would die. So, your body refuses to use the power it has built up inside until it's ready.

You: But... most if not all Psychics are the same. We have the only classification of quirk where our powers work exactly like everyone else's.

Aizawa: That's true and it's why Phoebe is concerned about your development. Your strength multiplied over the last few months almost exponentially. Any normal Psychic wouldn't be able to handle that influx of power and would die. But not you. You survived. And now you've manifested a new ability out of thin air without any input. Levitation isn't under the wide list of things a Psychic can do.

You: Then-What does it all mean? Wh-What am I?

Aizawa: Simple. A new breed of Psychic. A C-Type.

You: What the hell does that mean?

Aizawa: We're gonna find that out together come morning. You need to sleep well tonight for tomorrow's activities.

You: Sure... I guess.

He puts his hand on your shoulder.

Aizawa: Be ready. I mean it.

Aizawa walks away

You: C-Type? There's A and B but I've never even heard of something like a C-Type

You look down at your palm and focus what should have been a little bit of energy but your entire arm lights up like a glow stick with electricity.

You: That's not right... I shouldn't be able to do that. Body manipulation is extremely hard to pull off in a neural state but my arm is so packed full of power right now.

You think to what Aizawa said about the power being able to kill you if unleashed.

A nervous breath escapes your mouth as you quell the energy in your arm. The prospect of being killed instantly by your own quirk was terrifying.

A group of multiple people walk down the hallway towards you. You picked up on the energy of all your female classmates.

You: Uh oh...

You turn around to see Yaoyorozu, Mina, Tsuyu, Ochaco, Jiro, and Hagakure all with their arms crossed looking at you with stern faces.

Jiro: Nice towel.