Optional Chapter: Kirishima 1

For information about this part, see the [VERY IMPORTANT] chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hung back in the common area to wait for Tsuyu and Kirishima to come back inside from their talk with Ochaco. You didn't know what they were talking about but you could tell it was a sorrowful subject from the energy radiating from the group.

They wrap up the conversation and trickle back inside.

The second to last person in was Tsuyu.

Tsuyu: Hey, sorry if I worried you. I just needed to talk to all of them about what happened with Bakugo. I think I might have hurt Kirishima though... could you talk to him please? I think he needs a moment with you to calm down.

You: Of course. Go to bed and rest up. I'll deal with Kirishima.

She walks up the stairs as you open the double doors that lead outside.

Kirishima stood on the grass, clenching his fists with a crumbling expression on his face. It looked like he was about to cry.

Kirishima: I- I made her cry-

You: What? Who?

Kirishima: Tsuyu. I made her cry because of what we did-

You: Tsuyu cries all the time-

Kirishima: -Yeah but I was the one who made her cry this time!

His bottom lip begins to quiver.

Kirishima: I know what I did was wrong but- I never intended to- to-

You: Hey man it's okay-

Kirishima suddenly pulls you into a hug and begins to cry. This was the first time you had ever seen him like this.

It broke your heart.

You return his hug and sway side-to-side to help him calm down.

Your shoulder was now wet from his tears.

You: I've already told you about my thoughts on what you did... but you gotta understand that every action has a consequence, whether it be good or bad. Yours had multiple consequences. One was that you saved Bakugo and the other was that you made Tsuyu cry. It's all apart of being a hero.

Kirishima doesn't respond but his crying eases up along with his tight grip on your body.

You: If you feel so bad about making her cry then why didn't you tell her a moment ago?

Kirishima: Because I knew that I'd end up like this by the end of it. I didn't want her seeing me this way.

You: And yet I'm allowed to?

Kirishima: You're different. I'm okay with showing this side of me to you... I just feel safe when you're around.

You: Feelings mutual Kiri.

Kirishima: Did you just call me 'Kiri'?

You: I did.

He separates from you and wipes his eyes.

Kirishima: Only those who are special to me are allowed to call me that.

You: Am I not special? You just said I was.

Kirishima: And I never said you couldn't call me that. 'Kiri' is okay with me as long as no one else hears you calling me by that name.

You: Sure thing. It'll be our little secret.

You give him a cheeky wink.

Kirishima: Thanks by the way for uh... letting me get all that out. It's had been building up for awhile and I was honestly on the verge of a breakdown all throughout today. I had to act extra manly to remind myself not to cry.

You: You really shouldn't do that to yourself. Suppressing your feelings will only lead to bigger problems. Come to me whenever you need to have a talk like that again okay?
.
Kirishima: Sure thing (R/N). I know you always have my back.

You: Forever and always.

Kirishima walks towards the entrance with a smile on his face.

Kirishima: Come on. I was dead tired before I got out here so now I feel like I'm gonna slump over where I stand. I need my beauty rest.

You: Gotta keep that handsome face in shape right?

Kirishima blushes.

You: Right right, I'll stop.

You and Kirishima walk inside, ready to put this long day behind you.